Post Thanks / Like

Default Finance Roles in the Dominican Republic

Hi, I am looking for any tips/advice on landing Senior Financial Analyst, Investment Analyst, Private Equity Analyst type roles in the Dominican Republic. See below for relevant information about me:

-Born and raised in the U.S.
    -Educated in economics at a U.S. university in the top 20 nationally
    -2 years progressive finance experience
    -Currently, working in a finance position at a Fortune 500 company in a major financial city
    -Speak Spanish very well in social settings, but I do not have the vocabulary to discuss share repurchases and its effect on EPS
    -I am agnostic on the city

I've seen a couple of roles on the Internet, and I'm here for more strategic/targeted advice

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by financeprofessional View Post
    Hi, I am looking for any tips/advice on landing Senior Financial Analyst, Investment Analyst, Private Equity Analyst type roles in the Dominican Republic. See below for relevant information about me:

-Born and raised in the U.S.
    -Educated in economics at a U.S. university in the top 20 nationally
    -2 years progressive finance experience
    -Currently, working in a finance position at a Fortune 500 company in a major financial city
    -Speak Spanish very well in social settings, but I do not have the vocabulary to discuss share repurchases and its effect on EPS
    -I am agnostic on the city

I've seen a couple of roles on the Internet, and I'm here for more strategic/targeted advice
    there are guys in the DR who have also attended high quality Universities, and are highly qualified. secondly, those jobs usually go to locals. it is a little more than just diplomas if you want to land one of those jobs.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

In this day and age venture capital is available for entrepreneurs, otherwise I think the OP can get a manager's job at Pollo Provocon paying RD25k/month based upon his pitch.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Find work in a large US firm, and have them transfer you to their Santo Domingo office.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours