Rough Sawn lumber wanted - oak or mahoganey

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I may have asked this once before. Where can I pick up some rough sawn lumber?

I need oak or mahogany. Rough cut, live edge is fine. Saw mill locations?

Thanks

kts78

Nov 29, 2007
interesting how Roble translates to oak, but the Roble tree is not in the same family as oak, I was a translator for a guy researching trees in the D.R.- It was interesting, but I'm still no expert :) Oak- genus Quercus, if I remember right Roble was in genus Catalpa.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
madesol has a large store in Santiago. We bought a large load of treated American pine that was rough to use for our school roof. Our contractor planned it on site. I noticed they had a large sampling of hardwoods but didn't see inside their warehouse.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Do you know of any oak tree farms or saw mills?

Sorry, I don’t. Our alcalde lives across the road from us, and he makes furniture. He buys whole trees from people, then has them cut at the mill, one time he had an oak tree and asked if we needed anything. We had a large ceiling to floor closet made with it.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Sorry, I don’t. Our alcalde lives across the road from us, and he makes furniture. He buys whole trees from people, then has them cut at the mill, one time he had an oak tree and asked if we needed anything. We had a large ceiling to floor closet made with it.

That's a start. What town? Maybe I'll chat with him.