Sewage on main highway in Cabarete

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Hotels, bars, and unscrupulous businesses throw their black water into the abandoned black water pipeline in Cabarete
By caba8255 - November 19, 20180106
Compartir

IMG_0009.jpg

A foul-smelling water comes out on the main track that goes from Cabarete to Sabaneta because of the hotels, bars and unscrupulous businesses that throw their black water into the pipes of the abandoned black water treatment plant.
Cabarete residents understand that the government abandoned the sewage collection and treatment system 11 years ago without finishing it. But it is less understood that certain individuals and companies without scruples have stopped using their sewage treatment systems or skeptical to discharge their sewage into the pipeline of the public health system. Because the system is not operating the only outlets for all that clandestine black water are the covers of the records in low areas. Ask the bikers if they are happy to receive a shower of water contaminated with a bad smell. This is a photo of an exit on the road near Rinconada. I invite readers who can identify other low places where the readers' tops are already throwing away sewage.

We have names of several supposedly prestigious projects that do it and are generally on the beach side. Since years, they are throwing their black water into that pipe. We are not going to say now which projects or businesses have connections but if there is no change on their part, we are going to publish some names.

After 11 years with the system abandoned by corruption in the ministry of tourism, we do not expect that the government will replace the system with one that could work.

But is it too much to expect the Ministry of the Environment to investigate and sanction individuals and companies illegally unloading their sewage? I invite readers to identify the culprits. And I invite ADOMPRETUR to pressure the environmental management in Puerto Plata to do their job.

http://cabaretenoticias.com/2018/11...tuberia-abandonada-de-agua-negra-en-cabarete/

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Good Lord. WTF is the Minister of Environment doing?

Other than line thier pockets with bribe's and kick backs what have they ever done? Seriously, I'm not trying to be negative or sarcastic but what have they ever done that's good for the country or tourism.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
This is the very same sewer line that was put in just months AFTER they completely paved the road which necesitaded digging up the newly paved road, running laterals to potential users, repaving the road again, which now left all the manhole covers 2"-3" below the new surface thereby creating man-made potholes, which they were not even able to get in the center of the road, nor in a straight line, and after which the system was never completed!

When you have corrupt idiots running things, this is what you get.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This is the very same sewer line that was put in just months AFTER they completely paved the road which necesitaded digging up the newly paved road, running laterals to potential users, repaving the road again, which now left all the manhole covers 2"-3" below the new surface thereby creating man-made potholes, which they were not even able to get in the center of the road, nor in a straight line, and after which the system was never completed!

When you have corrupt idiots running things, this is what you get.

Correction: Corrupt incompetent idiots

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The sewage coming across the road in the picture is from a manhole cover which is located in a shallow "belly" in the road. They covered the manhole with cement in an attempt to seal it - like that was really going to work. Once again - totally corrupt, incompetent, idiots!