how about a container from calgary canada, anyone know any companyies and $

drroyal2018

Nov 26, 2018
I cannot find a price or company to deliver maybe a container or boxes from Calgary to Puerto plata.
Any info would be awesome.:)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
A container can be done...
Individual boxes might not be easy...or possible economically

Talk to a shipper ... a freight company.
Usually, they deliver the container for 2 hrs to load then off it goes...by sea ultimately

On this end , use Caucedo if possible
Talk to Wendoline de Peña at Hispaniola Freight in Sto Domingo...they have a website
They will clear the incoming and may have a suggestion for a freigh company

Freight companies ship worldwide

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Any major moving company can quote you a price to deliver a container or even 1/2 container to the DR. The more quotes you get the better. Your stuff will have to go to Montreal or Halifax first.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
If it goes out of Vancouver it will have to pass through the Panama Canal. That will ad quite a bit to the price. Best place is through Montreal. A friend did it a few years ago and although it was a pain with customs it all got here.
He actually shipped it from Van to Montreal then onward to here.

gicamuci

Apr 15, 2014
You can't ship a container to Puerto Plata. All containers are ending to Caucedo, DR.
I just shipped a 40' one from Montreal and it got here after a month and a half. Was changing vessels in Grand Bahama so maybe that added to the time it took to get here.

Beachboy

Apr 29, 2018
I have used Peralta Bros. shipping out of Toronto (Scarborough) Ontario, twice now -trouble free.

In your case, I guess you would be responsible to ship to them from Calgary to Scarborough or Montreal. For me in Brampton (Ontario) they came to my house picked up first shipment of 6 boxes, (2nd shipment one year later) took my boxes to their warehouse in Scarborough, packed their container, when full, shipped it to Montreal, sent it by sea to Puerto Plata, unloaded the container at their warehouse, and delivered the boxes to my condo in Bavaro by truck. They’re Canadian/Dominican guys. My total door to door cost was approx. $380 CAD - delivery approx. 4 weeks. Best to call them for uptodate details.

Contact info: www.peraltabroshipping.ca
Peralta Bros. Shipping 416-722-4107/416-859-2042