Tennis in the Sosua Area

Elgator

Jul 23, 2018
I am a regular visitor to Sosua and soon I hope to have my own place down there and spend more time in the Su. I am a former ranked tennis player in Florida. Now well into my 60's, I don't move as well as I once did, but I can still hit all the shots. I would love to find some partners to play some doubles on a regular basis. I would appreciate any input on available players, and where tennis is played in that area. I would greatly prefer to play on soft courts.

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
would contact ilya at sousa ocean village . he can probably set you up with some players

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
I play fairly regularly at the Sosua Tennis Club at Playa Chiquita. They have 4 courts (I believe?). Two hard, two “clay” (not really though”). 500 pesos an hour. I have a regular partner, but neither of us have ever been close to being ranked. So your probably out of our league.

We’ve also played at Hispaniola (on the road above Playero). One “clay” court. And at Sosua Ocean Village. Best facilities, many courts. More expensive.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Seahorse Ranch has really well kept clay courts. I used to play there all the time until I moved from the area. Have not been there in awhile, but we had nice doubles games there all the time. But you need to become a member and I have no idea what they want for that now.

In fact the owner's son is ranked player.

Elgator

Jul 23, 2018
I play fairly regularly at the Sosua Tennis Club at Playa Chiquita. They have 4 courts (I believe?). Two hard, two “clay” (not really though”). 500 pesos an hour. I have a regular partner, but neither of us have ever been close to being ranked. So your probably out of our league.

We’ve also played at Hispaniola (on the road above Playero). One “clay” court. And at Sosua Ocean Village. Best facilities, many courts. More expensive.

Thanks for the reply Tim. Perhaps you could round up another player in addition to your partner and we could try a game of doubles? Don't worry about me being out of your league. I am a consistent player, not a power hitter. So I would fit in and we could have some good exchanges

Elgator

Jul 23, 2018
Seahorse Ranch has really well kept clay courts. I used to play there all the time until I moved from the area. Have not been there in awhile, but we had nice doubles games there all the time. But you need to become a member and I have no idea what they want for that now.

In fact the owner's son is ranked player.

Thanks SKY -- that sounds like it is worth looking into.

Ilya Kislitsyn

Apr 3, 2013
Hello! I can set you up singles and doubles as well! Let me know when you are coming!
Feel free to contact me, call/WhatsApp +1(829)8867345 - Ilya