Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Rules at DGM in SD

New rules at DGM in SD now prohibit friends, spouses, and significant others from entering DGM with you for your appointment.

Any suggestions nearby where one could kill some time while waiting for me to finish at DGM. It needs to be close by since time will be of the essence in order to get to JCE to get my cedula before it closes. No more than maybe 5 minutes.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    New rules at DGM in SD now prohibit friends, spouses, and significant others from entering DGM with you for your appointment.

Any suggestions nearby where one could kill some time while waiting for me to finish at DGM. It needs to be close by since time will be of the essence in order to get to JCE to get my cedula before it closes. No more than maybe 5 minutes.
    Explore the Malecón, just be carefull passing by to the other side of the avenute. A lot seats to enjoy the ocean view

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

last time i was in DGM it took me around 4 hours. no one can hang around the malecon for that long. unless they're "working".

i think it's better to go to the closest restaurant - there are a few in the area - and be on call. as soon as you get your residency pictures done contact your partner and have them come back. it will be a while even after that before you receive the actual card.

4. Likes bienamor liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    last time i was in DGM it took me around 4 hours. no one can hang around the malecon for that long. unless they're "working".

i think it's better to go to the closest restaurant - there are a few in the area - and be on call. as soon as you get your residency pictures done contact your partner and have them come back. it will be a while even after that before you receive the actual card.
    I've seen a couple reports lately that, with the new system where you only need to have finger prints scanned, foto, and get your residency card, times are down to 2 hours or less. Also, they now have a system where you are issued a specific date and time to go to DGM - like a US Embassy appointment. Hopefully, wait times will be even shorter.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the stupid, but:

What is a DGM?
    What is a Malecon?

thanks,

Rob

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if the waitting time will be so long then Im agree with you.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NanSanPedro View Post

What is a DGM?
    What is a Malecon?

thanks,

Rob
    DGM is the Spelling of Migration main office in Spanish located Santo Domingo, Dirección General de Migración.

Malecón is how we call the Side in front of the Caribbean Sea in Santo Domingo.

9. Likes NanSanPedro liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

good to know they are cutting waiting time short. let us know how did it go and what did you decide at the end.

it may be also a good idea to have your partner go just about their day: shopping, lunch and so on. leave them be. when done at DGM take taxi/uber to JCE and call the person to pick you up from there. it's about 15 minutes ride or so and usually waiting time for cedula is very short, 30 minutes or so. after you are done with both offices drive happily back home.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NanSanPedro View Post

What is a DGM?
    What is a Malecon?

thanks,

Rob
    No question is stupid. This is a message board for learning.
    Riva_31 answered your questions.

There is a Malecon in SanPedro also. I am sure you have been there.

12. Likes Riva_31, bigbird, cavok, NanSanPedro liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

good to know they are cutting waiting time short. let us know how did it go and what did you decide at the end.

it may be also a good idea to have your partner go just about their day: shopping, lunch and so on. leave them be. when done at DGM take taxi/uber to JCE and call the person to pick you up from there. it's about 15 minutes ride or so and usually waiting time for cedula is very short, 30 minutes or so. after you are done with both offices drive happily back home.
    She doesn't drive, but I could drop her off and she could take a taxi/uber and meet me at JCE like you suggest. I just wonder how many drivers would even know where the JCE for foreigners even is(?).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast