New Regional Director of Tourism : Jakaira Cid

W

windeguy

9 May 2019
New Regional Director of Tourism

28higww.jpg

Jakaira Cid

The newly appointed Regional Director of Tourism in the province of Puerto Plata, Jakaira Cid, has got off to a good start. In the first 14 days of her new appointment, she visited Sosúa, Cabarete and Punta Rucia.

There she spoke with owners of restaurants, bars, tourist shops and hotel owners. In Sosúa she learned that there are problems with prostitution in the Pedro Clisante, insecurity, homeless children who harass tourists, pushy sales people and traffic nuisance. The plan is to set up positive actions that improve the image of Sosúa. She has planned a meeting (Taller-Análisis FODA) at Casa Marina hotel on 10 May from 8 a.m. to 12 a.m. During this meeting some concrete proposals for improvement will be announced.
In Cabarete, the problems are less urgent, the main problem is the traffic congestion. The narrow thoroughfare can no longer handle the large ammount of traffic.

Source: Puerto Plata Habla

Last edited:
W

windeguy

Problems with prostitution in Sosua? You don't say.

Here we go, yet again improving the image of Sosua...

D

drstock

First task should be trying to persuade the British and other European airlines to come back to Puerto Plata.

C

cavok

In Cabarete, the problems are less urgent, the main problem is the traffic congestion. The narrow thoroughfare can no longer handle the large ammount of traffic.

There would be very little traffic congestion in Cabarete if they just enforced the restriction of only allowing cars to park on the beach side of the road and not allowing cars to double park. Others will park cattiwampus such that two cars can't pass by at the same time.

I was going into Cabarete about a week ago. I got to Scotia Bank where there's a liquor on the beach side of the street. There was no place to park, so the car in front of me just stopped, double parked in the middle of the street, got out, and went into the liquor store. Huge traffic jam.

To many Dominicans, the world revolves around them.

C

chico bill

First task should be trying to persuade the British and other European airlines to come back to Puerto Plata.

And get the prices from South Florida, for a two-hour flight, to about $400 round trip so long weekend jaunts might interest more people.
That starts with getting the airport fees down. Failing that don't expect many airlines to become suddenly interest in POP and the North Coast

O

ohmmmm

And get the prices from South Florida, for a two-hour flight, to about $400 round trip so long weekend jaunts might interest more people.
That starts with getting the airport fees down. Failing that don't expect many airlines to become suddenly interest in POP and the North Coast

I agree, the price of a ticket to POP is the biggest problem. It would be good to see a beautification of the area too... more palm trees and such along the main roads.

S

Seamonkey

Does she replace that Italian guy who only promotes Cabarete because he owns a restaurant there? I forget his name.

W

windeguy

Does she replace that Italian guy who only promotes Cabarete because he owns a restaurant there? I forget his name.

Lorenzo Sancassani is the man to whom you refer.

No idea if she replaced him.

S

Seamonkey

Lorenzo Sancassani is the man to whom you refer.

No idea if she replaced him.

That's the guy. I just rather forget his name as he is totally useless and a liar. I sure hope he's gone and she does a better job. However, I think his position mentions the North Coast and not Regional Director.