Insulin

D

Derfish

Insulin. Strange story to interject about here. Friday my cleaning lady was here. Saturday I looked for my insulin in the fridge where it lives and didn't find it. Searched the apartment. NO insulin. It just wasn't here. Had a plumbing problem. Called the landlady and when her plumber left about 5 PM today, I looked at the windowsill of the bedroom and there on the windowsill, outside, not inside sat my insulin. I have no idea how long it had been outside,does anyone know what happens to it when not refridgered? I went ahead and gave myself a shot before it even cooled off from outside temps. Is it "bad?" How did it get outside? I never open that window at all. Should I go ahead and use it? Lots of questions in my little mind. And I know no one will be able to gues how it got outside, but maybe a medical person can tell me if it is safe. Online stuff says it is good for 28 days at ambient temps, up to 25 degrees C, but if it was outside for 48 hours or more and it has been 30 and more, shall I use it or throw it and put out another 1500 pesos?

T

Timotero

Do you do finger sticks to test your glucose level?
How is the level after using the “windowsill” insulin? If it’s what it should be , great. If it’s much higher than expected I would get a new bottle of insulin.
Hope it works out well for you.

W

waytogo

Never guess if your insulin is good or bad, especially what you described........
My mother, 2 aunts and 1 uncle died from diabetes.......
You said 1500 for a replacement, what's your life worth ?

L

lifeisgreat

You will know if it’s gone bad by looking..if it’s cloudy toss it...

T

the gorgon

Insulin. Strange story to interject about here. Friday my cleaning lady was here. Saturday I looked for my insulin in the fridge where it lives and didn't find it. Searched the apartment. NO insulin. It just wasn't here. Had a plumbing problem. Called the landlady and when her plumber left about 5 PM today, I looked at the windowsill of the bedroom and there on the windowsill, outside, not inside sat my insulin. I have no idea how long it had been outside,does anyone know what happens to it when not refridgered? I went ahead and gave myself a shot before it even cooled off from outside temps. Is it "bad?" How did it get outside? I never open that window at all. Should I go ahead and use it? Lots of questions in my little mind. And I know no one will be able to gues how it got outside, but maybe a medical person can tell me if it is safe. Online stuff says it is good for 28 days at ambient temps, up to 25 degrees C, but if it was outside for 48 hours or more and it has been 30 and more, shall I use it or throw it and put out another 1500 pesos?

nobody can say for sure how it got there, but you can make an educated guess.

W

william webster

Never guess if your insulin is good or bad, especially what you described........
My mother, 2 aunts and 1 uncle died from diabetes.......
You said 1500 for a replacement, what's your life worth ?

ooooh
now that's a tough one for Derf......

he'll get back to you in a few days....

L

lifeisgreat

I have always known clear , never bought here.....if I see you doing the funky chicken walking down the road I will drop you off At CMC and tell them you freebased insulin! ;) ;)

F

Fulano2

Don't take a thirty dollar risk, I would say. I tell the lady to not open your fridge anymore. Que frescura.

C

cobraboy

'Fish, is there anyone else in the household with access to the insulin besides the domestic?

M

mofongoloco

The insulin I bought in USA was clear, this was cloudy when I first got it and the bottle before it etc...

NPH insulin is always cloudy. That's why you shake/roll the vial. to disperse the particles.