Punctuality enforced

P

PJT

A report in the Listin pronounced the National Theater had a concert beginning at 8:30 pm this past Saturday. The theater closed its doors on time indicated on the ticket. Yet, people were continuing to arrive at 9:00 pm. The people arriving after the time marked on the ticket were locked out. The denied stated they were late because of traffic jams (tapones), late getting out of work, beauty pallor’s, and other things. It is really a behavior of not admitting of taking responsibility for their own delays because of a lack of planning or a compulsion to be fashionably late. Ahhhh !!!! Life in the DR.

Wonder if free hors d’oeuvres and cocktails were to be served prior to performance would change behavior?

Regards,

PJT

C

cobraboy

Mom CB is somewhat OCD. Even though she's lived here for 5 years, she still insists of getting to appoiontments and gatherings 5 minutes early.

Then she whines about appointments and meetings starting 90 minutes late.

Every. Time.

:cheeky:

L

lifeisgreat

Or you invite for BBQ for 5pm and it’s 7pm , charcoal dead and crickets are only thing you hear...and wife bitching WTF...

T

Timotero

Or you invite for BBQ for 5pm and it’s 7pm , charcoal dead and crickets are only thing you hear...and wife bitching WTF...

And then when they do eventually show up at 7:30pm, they bring a few extra guests with them. ??????

C

cobraboy

Mother's Day celebration scheduled for 5pm

Children show up at 7:30.

B

bienamor

A report in the Listin pronounced the National Theater had a concert beginning at 8:30 pm this past Saturday. The theater closed its doors on time indicated on the ticket. Yet, people were continuing to arrive at 9:00 pm. The people arriving after the time marked on the ticket were locked out. The denied stated they were late because of traffic jams (tapones), late getting out of work, beauty pallor’s, and other things. It is really a behavior of not admitting of taking responsibility for their own delays because of a lack of planning or a compulsion to be fashionably late. Ahhhh !!!! Life in the DR.

Wonder if free hors d’oeuvres and cocktails were to be served prior to performance would change behavior?

Regards,

PJT

The National Theater is known for starting on time! Has been that way for years. Everyone should know that. not sorry for any of them.

W

william webster

It takes some getting used to ---

although I find punctuality varies....
In Canada.... my home town of London ON was punctual.... Toronto not so much
and it varies social circle to circle in Toronto

Philadelphia - my group - punctual

RD- I bet they know the system - but we may not
to them - it's normal

B

bigbird

The National Theater is known for starting on time! Has been that way for years. Everyone should know that. not sorry for any of them.

Palacio de Bellas Artes is another one that starts right on the minute.

I went to see "In the Heights" there several years back and at ticket stated time is when they dimmed the lights and closed the doors............... I wish that Broadway play would return again sometime soon. It was nice............

Surprisingly there were only a few late arrivals which they did allow to enter between scenes.

B

bienamor

Palacio de Bellas Artes is another one that starts right on the minute.

I went to see "In the Heights" there several years back and at ticket stated time is when they dimmed the lights and closed the doors............... I wish that Broadway play would return again sometime soon. It was nice............

Surprisingly there were only a few late arrivals which they did allow to enter between scenes.

The same people that go to the Palacio de Bellas Artes are the same ones that attend the Teatro National. Tickets are not cheap at either. so is normally the upper middle + that attend those events. and They all know the rules!!

L

lifeisgreat

And then when they do eventually show up at 7:30pm, they bring a few extra guests with them. ������

Yes!!! Can’t forget extra guests...and can we take plate for so and so...

B

BermudaRum

First year I moved to the DR, spring time and daylight savings changes forward. No one ever told me that DR never changes forward or back. Arranged to pick up my local GF and her parents on that Sunday to drive to visit the country side at 10am. Arrived and some are still in bed, or not dressed to leave. I hit the roof with the GF, and only after showing the time on my watch which I changed the night before, she tells me the DR tried it once, but all hell broke out. After a lot of apologies, I still was made to wait several hours later when everyone was ready to go. Lesson learned....

Another story, needed a electrician who my landord arranged for me. He told me he would do the 30 minute job at 9am the following day. Great changed my morning plans and the guy didnt show until 1pm to tell me he was going to eat lunch 1st. So 2:30pm he shows up and within 30minutes job is done. Gives me a bill for rd1,200 which includes everything. I told him I would pay him at 9pm tonight, and have a good day. He looked at me like WTF, and asked why not pay me now? I told him I will be eating dinner at 7:30 and at 9pm I will have his money ready.. He said something I didnt understand in Spanish, left and returned dead on 9pm for his money , but lesson not learned.

W

william webster

Sometimes - Yes - they are on time

Yours is a perfect example

B

Big

I can tolerate a little lateness in social situations, especially with woman, I do expect a text or call. Being late is rude and extremely inconsiderate. I do not do business with anyone who is habitually tardy as there are too many other options even here. I refuse to be held hostage by business and service people. There are many 'hungry" capable people here, the longer you stay the more contacts one will obtain

W

william webster

Big
I have a stable full of punctual people.... all of my contacts show up ...Pronto

Just takes some selecting .... maybe training/explaining
they're not dumb

L

lifeisgreat

I’ve learned years ago mañana doesn’t mean tomorrow, it really means not today..

N

NanSanPedro

I can tolerate a little lateness in social situations, especially with woman, I do expect a text or call. Being late is rude and extremely inconsiderate. I do not do business with anyone who is habitually tardy as there are too many other options even here. I refuse to be held hostage by business and service people. There are many 'hungry" capable people here, the longer you stay the more contacts one will obtain

Completely agree. My time is just as valuable as theirs. I fired 2 doctors in the US because of that.

A

Africaida

In social situations, I am always late. ALWAYS. I don't really think it is a big deal :cheeky:

I try not to be, I really try, but I always underestimate the time it s going to take me to get ready, get there,etc...If I am in advance, I always come up with something to do which results in me being late.:cheeky:

Love the new found freedom in DR of being on time for once in my freakin life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bunny:

004iD5Nizy6UhkK5J2nbf&690

Last edited:
R

ROLLOUT

I have given up. It's in their DNA, and can't be altered. I take medication for high blood pressure, which is why since last year, my vacay preference has switched from DR to Colombia.