Question on Driving test - Practical

D

DRDreamer72

Hi, Just wondered if anyone could explain what's involved in the practical driving test in the DR? Have mine this week and I am interested in what's actually involved.

Cheers :)

B

bienamor

Mine here in SD involved driving around at the baseball park parking lot.
1 left turn another left turn a right turn backup, left turn and parallel park, back to start. Use your directional signal when coming out of the parallel park.

B

Beachboy

Did my practical test a couple of months ago in La Romana. During registering had to specify Standard or Automatic car, then go out to parking lot, figure out order of test with other people waiting, two Kia Picanto's there one Standard, one Automatic with examiners in vehicles, (Spanish speaking only) I don't speak hardly any Spanish , however people there gave me a good idea of what was required. When my turn, got in car, made big deal of adjusting all mirrors and seat, drove to car park gate 100 meters, flasher on to turn right, blended into traffic, immediately required right turn (100 meters), proceeded 400 meters another right turn, proceeded 1/2 Km, stop at stop sign, turn right when clear, proceeded 400 meters, turned right to front of test center, proceeded 400 meters turned right into car park, reversed into same reserved parking place, turned off engine, he gave me paper with 92%, i think 70% is the lowest pass. Basically just drove round the block where the test center office is located. Just read this myself, if he wanted a left turn I was screwed, lol. Everyone only told me spanish for right turn...................

C

chico bill

If you fail at the driving test in DR - it is because you most likely shouldn't be driving in any country

W

william webster

but you can take it again ---- never fear --- one day, one day.... you'll pass

E

ese tipo

Since this is an active recent thread I'm trying to find a driving school for my wife and niece in Santiago.I'm looking for what many of the schools call the "VIP" service (pickup and drop off) I have taken them to Estadio Cibao for practice lessons whenever I'm there but I'd like to have them take some structured and more frequent lessons .Besides the VIP are their any schools that will teach them on the roads as apposed to just the stadium?Thanx.

D

DRDreamer72

Figured I would give an update on what actually happened :)
Test was taken in Nagua.

Arrived, presented my 'learners permit', cedula and receipt for payment. Fingerprint taken and signature taken again, then sat down and waited a few minutes.
Out to the test vehicle (they have their own) and an explanation that when I park it has to be in the yellow box, not against the curb. Then drive once round the block, right turns only, back at the center parallel park in the yellow box.
Back inside, photo taken and new license valid for 4 years.

All done in less than 40 minutes.