Furniture re-upholsterer

R

rhanson1

I have a living room swivel-rocker chair that needs to be re-upholstered. Can anyone offer a recommendation in the Sosua/Puerto Plata/Cabarete area?

D

Derfish

I have a living room swivel-rocker chair that needs to be re-upholstered. Can anyone offer a recommendation in the Sosua/Puerto Plata/Cabarete area?

Just below the dry bridge here in Puerto Plata are the guys who redid the interior of my car for 7000 pesos. Don't remember the name, but coming across the dry brige as it is known, off to the left in a couple of blocks.
Der fish

C

chico bill

Just below the dry bridge here in Puerto Plata are the guys who redid the interior of my car for 7000 pesos. Don't remember the name, but coming across the dry brige as it is known, off to the left in a couple of blocks.
Der fish

You mean the walking bridge?

E

Expat-in-Cabarete

We had some done years ago at Hidelisa in Puerto Plata. Not the furniture store, but the other where they sell fabrics. We picked the fabric and they did the work.

D

drbcabarete

I have used Nicholas from Charimicos for the last 15 years or so for different projects. His work is excellent and I believe his prices are more than fair. He will come to the house, he picks up and delivers and is either on time or early with his time frame. Along with the work on the fabric he will polish and make new again the frames, even chrome and stainless steel. His number is 809- 924 9007. He has been at my home in Cabarete and seems to find his way around town very easily.

R

rhanson1

I have used Nicholas from Charimicos for the last 15 years or so for different projects. His work is excellent and I believe his prices are more than fair. He will come to the house, he picks up and delivers and is either on time or early with his time frame. Along with the work on the fabric he will polish and make new again the frames, even chrome and stainless steel. His number is 809- 924 9007. He has been at my home in Cabarete and seems to find his way around town very easily.

Sounds like the guy I'm looking for. I assume he speaks no English. Will that phone number work for Whatsapp?

D

drbcabarete

He does not speak English but has at times brought one of his sons with him who does somewhat. But it has not been an issue, though I do speak enough Spanish to manage here for 17 years, he communicates well enough that I doubt it will be a problem even for a non Spanish speaking person. As to the WhatsApp phone function, have no idea as my WhatsApp phone works very poorly where I live due to the reception being too close to the beach.

J

JackB17

I second Nicholas. We have used him a few times. Excellent work and service!

R

rhanson1

I second Nicholas. We have used him a few times. Excellent work and service!

I sent Nicholas a message in Spanish via WhatsApp introducing myself and explaining what I need. That was 4 days ago and I have received no response. I can see that the message was received on his phone, but it has not been opened or read. It makes no sense for me to call him because my Spanish is simply not good enough to carry on a phone conversation with a Dominican. It occurred to me the perhaps Nicholas cannot read or write, but I cannot imagine why an illiterate person would have a WhatsApp app on his phone. Is there another way to contact him? If not, then perhaps I will ask a Dominican friend to call on my behalf if you are sure that he is still around and doing this work.

C

caribmike

"why an illiterate person would have a WhatsApp app on his phone."

They use it with audio messages.