Page 347 of 390 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349357 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 3895
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spanky27312 View Post
    https://youtu.be/_J50-5y5GTo

Cerise’s video on opening Merengue bar on this Friday; all bars closed down are suppose to open.
    Hope I see big there...,lol
    Even if the guy in the video seemed credible (he didn’t), there’s a problem with the “math”.
    In the video, Cerise said “It’s Monday” (today). The “promotion guy” said “open in seis Dias” while flashing six fingers.
    Monday plus six days = Sunday, not Friday.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ramesses View Post
    The people who were bribed are in Santo Domingo. That much is clear.
    There was talk of action by the central government in Santo Domingo long ago with respect to Sosua and Boca Chica.
    Changes took a long time to happen, as is usual in this country. Perhaps enough money finally made it happen, but I suspect there were other reasons as well.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    There was talk of action by the central government in Santo Domingo long ago with respect to Sosua and Boca Chica.
    Changes took a long time to happen, as is usual in this country. Perhaps enough money finally made it happen, but I suspect there were other reasons as well.
    The other reasons were money in pockets.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The other reasons were money in pockets.
    I disagree. Money was part of it, but not all.

5. Dislikes snoozer disliked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The people who were bribed are in Santo Domingo. That much is clear.
    How much do you think these bars make to be able to make a substantial bribe worthy of Santo Domingo standards ..HIA Syndrome...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgreat View Post
    How much do you think these bars make to be able to make a substantial bribe worthy of Santo Domingo standards ..HIA Syndrome...
    Merengue bar was one of the more popular bars in town, supported many many families

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Some people will never get it.

Is there proof there was a court case and all the closed businesses won the right to open? As one poster above said, this thread has moved from the domain of whore mongers to rumor mongers. As for rumors, time will tell if they are just rumors.
    I doubt it. Too much publicity nation wide at this point.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I walked by (the Bar formally known as) Rumbas this morning. I notice two things different.

1. The Cleaning Lady was very carefully moving every chair and table to mop the floor.

2. There were 2 big signs laying on the concrete fence ,at the front, at the sidewalk. Each was made on yellow plastic (6mil ?) with very big red letters..... NOW OPEN

10. Likes jd426 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aname4me View Post
    I walked by (the Bar formally known as) Rumbas this morning. I notice two things different.

1. The Cleaning Lady was very carefully moving every chair and table to mop the floor.

2. There were 2 big signs laying on the concrete fence ,at the front, at the sidewalk. Each was made on yellow plastic (6mil ?) with very big red letters..... NOW OPEN
    OMG this is bad news for the hordes of families that have made plans to vacation in the new family friendly Sosua. The town was all set to become a Mormon retreat.

12. Likes Seamonkey, jd426, Tricky, drstock, JDJones and 1 others liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    OMG this is bad news for the hordes of families that have made plans to vacation in the new family friendly Sosua. The town was all set to become a Mormon retreat.
    Its also really BAD News for the Know it all's here who claimed they had inside information,.and all this knowledge about how things really work , based on what Santo Domingo says ..
    If These Bars re open... some of y all really really need to step back and re think what you think you know
    , cuz you certainly do not have a clue how things really work in the DR ...

14. Likes Big, Seamonkey, ramesses, JDJones, j&t's future liked this post