Page 307 of 404 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 4032
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

So, I got this off my pc while serfing the interweb.....

Gabrielle Butterfield, Translator English/ Spanish (1972-present)
    Answered Apr 11, 2018

OK, “ chinga” comes from the verb :chingar” which means “to ream” That is to f***,(not much finesse in it) A cabron is a male goat, cabrona is the feminine form. Goats are promiscuos. Best not to use vulgarities in a language you don’t understand, between friends maybe, in the wrong company it could have serious consequences. Do you follow me?

Promiscuous goats. So there you have it. CB was dead on I guess.

2. Likes etolw liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    That would have been different and a location I was not even aware of had such a cleansing.

drstock is correct:

The spot that was cleared out in one day I refer to was between the entrance to Encuentro beach (Including all of what had become El Rocon which was substantial in and of itself) heading east almost to the Kite Hotel area. Tear gas, military, huge and I mean huge front end loader and all the houses were gone including two story concrete and rebar homes in one day. What is on Sosua beach is nothing in comparison to what was there.
    We're on the same page. I was referring to the length of the cleansing. It went from the area of the entrance to Encuentro and included squatters homes all the way to Rio San Juan.

Shortly after that they started fencing off with stakes and barbed wire in a lot of areas.

I was working in Cabrera when that happened and drove through there 4 times a week so I could see the progression of the damage.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    says who?

my pc says it refers to a group of people in Kenya, Africa.

show me where your computer says it has anything to do with promiscuity. i'll wait.
    Sorry to post more non Sosua related, but you asked

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ctrob View Post
    So, I got this off my pc while serfing the interweb.....

Gabrielle Butterfield, Translator English/ Spanish (1972-present)
    Answered Apr 11, 2018

OK, “ chinga” comes from the verb :chingar” which means “to ream” That is to f***,(not much finesse in it) A cabron is a male goat, cabrona is the feminine form. Goats are promiscuos. Best not to use vulgarities in a language you don’t understand, between friends maybe, in the wrong company it could have serious consequences. Do you follow me?

Promiscuous goats. So there you have it. CB was dead on I guess.
    i know what chingar means, in some Latino vernacular, not all. it does not compute in the DR.

you were saying?

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

i know what chingar means, in some Latino vernacular, not all. it does not compute in the DR.

you were saying?
    Mr AE says you must not be Dominican. It’s Dominican slang, exactly as described.

In any event, does not belong here, so everyone please stop.

Admin
    DR1.com

7. Likes etolw, ctrob, waytogo, cavok liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by habi View Post
    There may be a difference... Did you go down to the beach on this day when they cleaned the spot in Cabarete?
    The peaople at Sosua Beach where getting ready for a fight and I mean a uggly one! Arms, Molotov cocktails etc. ....
    I hope someone is just pulling your leg.

Yes, some beach vendors will want to fight. And maybe some guns will get waved around. But I think the majority of them will understand it's come to an end. At least I hope so.

There has been tons of warning that this is coming. And if they are actually getting ready to clear trees out, then that will be an additional warning. The message will be loud and clear. And, just guessing here, but they'll probably be given an official drop dead date to cease and desist operations.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ctrob View Post
    I hope someone is just pulling your leg.

Yes, some beach vendors will want to fight. And maybe some guns will get waved around. But I think the majority of them will understand it's come to an end. At least I hope so.

There has been tons of warning that this is coming. And if they are actually getting ready to clear trees out, then that will be an additional warning. The message will be loud and clear. And, just guessing here, but they'll probably be given an official drop dead date to cease and desist operations.
    Finally!! Rich people will take over and get rid of all those pesky poor people.

10. Likes jd426 liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ramesses View Post
    Finally!! Rich people will take over and get rid of all those pesky poor people.
    throw them in the sea, i say..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ramesses View Post
    throw them in the sea, i say..
    Be careful what you wish for

The comfort of the rich depends upon an abundant supply of the poor.
    Voltaire

13. Likes Derfish, ramesses, Ecoman1949 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by etolw View Post
    Be careful what you wish for

The comfort of the rich depends upon an abundant supply of the poor.
    Voltaire
    I do hope you read the sarcasm in our posts.

15. Likes etolw liked this post