Page 257 of 404 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307357 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 4035
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    That is certainly not clear no matter how many times I read it.
    Perhaps start a new thread on geriatric insurance, as this is really not a "Sosua specific" topic.

2. Likes windeguy liked this post
    Dislikes Polar Bear disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All Off Topic posts pertaining to medical Ins moved to new thread......

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Just seen on Sosuanews.com that Mayor Neumann wants to run again; how is this possible, I thought 2 terms was the limit.
    Willie Olivences won last election but let her have it waiting for 2020.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spanky27312 View Post
    Just seen on Sosuanews.com that Mayor Neumann wants to run again; how is this possible, I thought 2 terms was the limit.
    The two terms rule is for the president, mayors and all the others can run again... Musa will run for PLD again in POP for example...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

She should not be allowed to run again, but its ther Country . The powers that be will decide this , not the " rules"
    You got a President who's VP is literally the wife of a Former President, who also wanted to run again, even though he is not allowed to . So if he were running, and Danilo and Margarita were running, Leonel would be running against his Wife ?
    that's almost too obvious, even for idiots .
    This Country literally makes the rules as they go along .. Its an absolute Shell game

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    She should not be allowed to run again, but its ther Country . The powers that be will decide this , not the " rules"
    You got a President who's VP is literally the wife of a Former President, who also wanted to run again, even though he is not allowed to . So if he were running, and Danilo and Margarita were running, Leonel would be running against his Wife ?
    This Country literally makes the rules as they go along .. Its an absolute Shell game
    Well, it's what happens when politics is like an ATM machine, and everybody wants the PIN.

Backing a political candidate here is like buying a lottery ticket.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    I think there will be blood in the streets this time; last time there was a week after election with cars riding around with guns and the Mayor was nowhere to be found.

9. Likes jd426 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

El Chamo is with Leonel this time around...

11. Likes spanky27312 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

There are no term limits for Dominican Deputies or Senators, and I can find nothing on term limits for mayors.

Sounds like Sosua could keep the same mayor, but I am not 100% certain there are no term limits for mayors, I just could not find any information on that. Other have already commented that there are no term limits for mayors, just for the president ( who can only serve 2 consecutive terms and then sit out of a term if trying to be elected again from what I could see.)

So will Ilana win re-election?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there will be blood in the streets this time; last time there was a week after election with cars riding around with guns and the Mayor was nowhere to be found.
    I hate to tell you this, but people who have guns probably always ride around in their cars with them.

Why would their be blood in the streets this time when those guns were riding around last time and there was not?

14. Likes Caonabo liked this post