• Thread starter frank recktenwald
  • Start date

Organ stealing in the DR?

F

frank recktenwald

'I had to put less than half of my wife to rest': Husband searches for wife's missing body parts after her mysterious Caribbean holiday death on 54th birthday
Peter Crouch was told his wife Lynne's heart, eyes and stomach were missing
The 54-year-old believes the organs sent to the UK belong to a stranger
Medics said Lynne died of meningitis but there was no trace of the disease
By SOPHIE LAW FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 21:22 BST, 5 August 2019 | UPDATED: 09:09 BST, 6 August 2019

A devastated husband is searching for his dead wife's missing body parts after she was cut up following her death on a romantic Caribbean holiday.

Peter Crouch, from Essex, was left heartbroken when his partner Lynne died on her 54th birthday while they were on a getaway to the Dominican Republic over Christmas.

Medics told Mr Crouch, 54, that she had contracted meningitis but a second post-mortem in the UK revealed she had no trace of the disease.

Morticians also discovered Lynne's eyes, heart and stomach and six other organs were missing from her body.

The business owner was forced to endure five 'hellish' months attempting to recover his wife's organs before he was told they had been found.

Coroners in the UK have yet to perform a DNA test on the kidney, liver, lung and spleen that were shipped over from the Dominican Republic.

But Mr Crouch, who received his partner's organs on the day of their wedding anniversary, believes they belong to a stranger.

He told the Daily Mirror: 'I know that is not my Lynne. You can't just find body parts like that all of a sudden after months and months of not knowing where they are. Something's not right.'

He worries they have been left forgotten in a Dominican hospital, or sold on the black market.

He added: 'When we got her body back there was nothing there. It was an empty shell. I had to put less than half of my wife to rest.'

Lynne died in a quarantine ward in hospital in the Caribbean country after battling the illness for less than a week.

She had felt fine on the evening of December 23 which she spent with her husband at the bar of their hotel. But the following morning, she was unable to stand and when she tried to go for lunch, she vomited and collapsed.

Mr Crouch said: 'It all happened so fast - one minute we were standing at the bar and the next morning Lynne couldn't get out of bed.

'I was feeling 100 per cent but she became so ill so quickly - why did this happened to her and not me?'

In diary notes made on the day before his wife's death, Mr Crouch said: 'Lynne does not know who I am and says she can't see - only bright lights. Her head drops and becomes limp and the vomiting and diarrhoea is constant.

'Lynne becomes covered in mauve blotches and I am told her health is a "grave matter". I stay with Lynne all night and watch as she can't hear or see me and I just hold her hand and wait for the morning.'

She died at 5pm the following day.

Mrs Crouch was diagnosed with meningococcemia - a rare bacterial blood infection of the same type that causes meningitis.

She was initially taken to Punta Cana Medical Center and incorrectly diagnosed with entamoeba histolytica - a virus that infects 50 million people worldwide each year, killing around 55,000.

She was deemed to infectious for travel company TUI to send a representative to support Mr Crouch.

But he believes there was slack infectious disease controls after he was given no tests for meningitis and bundled on a busy plane home.

He was then tried have her body repatriated - but it was accidentally sent to the wrong coroners.

On January 23, coroners ruled Lynne had not died of meningitis and the following day Mr Crouch was given the devastating news that her organs were missing.

He told the publication: 'Finding out that my Lynne's heart was missing was devastating. We would never have known if we had not managed to get a second post-mortem done in the UK.'

Mr Crouch paid thousands of pounds to locate Lynne's organs but it took seven months for them to be recovered. But because it took so long, he now suspects they were cut out to be sold on the black market in the Caribbean.

He paid tribute to his late wife, saying: 'Our Lynne was the most beautiful, amazing and caring person.

'She brought life, light and sunshine into the lives of everybody who had the honour of meeting her.

'She has cared for people all her life and we have lost somebody who is truly irreplaceable. She will be beyond missed and our lives will never be the same.'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ng-body-parts-mysterious-Caribbean-death.html

C

chico bill

'I had to put less than half of my wife to rest': Husband searches for wife's missing body parts after her mysterious Caribbean holiday death on 54th birthday
Peter Crouch was told his wife Lynne's heart, eyes and stomach were missing
The 54-year-old believes the organs sent to the UK belong to a stranger
Medics said Lynne died of meningitis but there was no trace of the disease
By SOPHIE LAW FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 21:22 BST, 5 August 2019 | UPDATED: 09:09 BST, 6 August 2019

A devastated husband is searching for his dead wife's missing body parts after she was cut up following her death on a romantic Caribbean holiday.

Peter Crouch, from Essex, was left heartbroken when his partner Lynne died on her 54th birthday while they were on a getaway to the Dominican Republic over Christmas.

Medics told Mr Crouch, 54, that she had contracted meningitis but a second post-mortem in the UK revealed she had no trace of the disease.

Morticians also discovered Lynne's eyes, heart and stomach and six other organs were missing from her body.

The business owner was forced to endure five 'hellish' months attempting to recover his wife's organs before he was told they had been found.

Coroners in the UK have yet to perform a DNA test on the kidney, liver, lung and spleen that were shipped over from the Dominican Republic.

But Mr Crouch, who received his partner's organs on the day of their wedding anniversary, believes they belong to a stranger.

He told the Daily Mirror: 'I know that is not my Lynne. You can't just find body parts like that all of a sudden after months and months of not knowing where they are. Something's not right.'

He worries they have been left forgotten in a Dominican hospital, or sold on the black market.

He added: 'When we got her body back there was nothing there. It was an empty shell. I had to put less than half of my wife to rest.'

Lynne died in a quarantine ward in hospital in the Caribbean country after battling the illness for less than a week.

She had felt fine on the evening of December 23 which she spent with her husband at the bar of their hotel. But the following morning, she was unable to stand and when she tried to go for lunch, she vomited and collapsed.

Mr Crouch said: 'It all happened so fast - one minute we were standing at the bar and the next morning Lynne couldn't get out of bed.

'I was feeling 100 per cent but she became so ill so quickly - why did this happened to her and not me?'

In diary notes made on the day before his wife's death, Mr Crouch said: 'Lynne does not know who I am and says she can't see - only bright lights. Her head drops and becomes limp and the vomiting and diarrhoea is constant.

'Lynne becomes covered in mauve blotches and I am told her health is a "grave matter". I stay with Lynne all night and watch as she can't hear or see me and I just hold her hand and wait for the morning.'

She died at 5pm the following day.

Mrs Crouch was diagnosed with meningococcemia - a rare bacterial blood infection of the same type that causes meningitis.

She was initially taken to Punta Cana Medical Center and incorrectly diagnosed with entamoeba histolytica - a virus that infects 50 million people worldwide each year, killing around 55,000.

She was deemed to infectious for travel company TUI to send a representative to support Mr Crouch.

But he believes there was slack infectious disease controls after he was given no tests for meningitis and bundled on a busy plane home.

He was then tried have her body repatriated - but it was accidentally sent to the wrong coroners.

On January 23, coroners ruled Lynne had not died of meningitis and the following day Mr Crouch was given the devastating news that her organs were missing.

He told the publication: 'Finding out that my Lynne's heart was missing was devastating. We would never have known if we had not managed to get a second post-mortem done in the UK.'

Mr Crouch paid thousands of pounds to locate Lynne's organs but it took seven months for them to be recovered. But because it took so long, he now suspects they were cut out to be sold on the black market in the Caribbean.

He paid tribute to his late wife, saying: 'Our Lynne was the most beautiful, amazing and caring person.

'She brought life, light and sunshine into the lives of everybody who had the honour of meeting her.

'She has cared for people all her life and we have lost somebody who is truly irreplaceable. She will be beyond missed and our lives will never be the same.'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ng-body-parts-mysterious-Caribbean-death.html

Sad case for sure.

I think there are hospitals here that have no clue as to how do to a diagnosis, and others have competent doctors. Finding the right one means paying attention to how you are treated once you walk in and how much of your time they try to waste.

Here's a tip if you are in ER and haven't been seen by a real doctor after 45 minutes just leave because you will be there the rest of the day and still likely get nothing resolved.

If you go into a room for a "consultation" and all he has is a pad and no stethoscope of other items for testing - leave that hospital.

If they try to admit you overnight for something that would be treated in under an hour in & out in a Western country's doctor's office just leave, all they want is your money, and don't care about your health.

Use your judgment - you might know more about your own case than the doctor's who are low tier and practicing at some less prestigious hospitals of clinics.

I will not name the facility, but it is in Sosua, and if you go there you are wasting your time. Ask others who have gone there and they finally left in disgust, having accomplished nothing but wasting time and money.

C

Cdn_Gringo

Strange indeed. An odd illness for sudden onset of symptoms. While not unheard of, meningitis usually takes several days to reach the point that the need for hospitalization becomes impossible to ignore.

While we can't dismiss any possibility out of hand, it seems unlikely that the organs were harvested and sold for transplantation. The equipment needed to keep a recently deceased "fresh" person isn't readily available here, the DR isn't known known for it's ability to perform organ transplants as a matter of routine and very few on this island would be in a position to fund such an operation and organ procurement. Occam"s Razor suggests the organs were mislabeled or misplaced at the time of the autopsy.

As for them being found months later, that too seems strange as without deliberate measures to preserve the organs in their entirety, they would turn to goo relatively quickly. Such intentional preservation would be immediately evident upon receipt of the organs months later, even if they were just frozen. The DR doesn't have the storage capacity to leave bodies and entire organs "on ice" for that length of time. Usually only small resections are kept for later testing or record keeping. I would be surprised if the DR keeps much of anything after determining that all Gringos have passed from either pulmonary edema or Kuru Disease.