Sending a package to Canada?

H

Harleysrock

What's the easiest/cheapest way to send a 40 pound package to Canada?

C

Cdn_Gringo

It would be wonderful if the established freight forwarders would provide a service from the DR to Miami and then forwarded packages to the USPS but alas that isn't available. There are ways to send small/light packages from here using Fedex, DHL etc but at a minimum of $100 per package, sending it needs to be pretty important to go that route. At 40 lbs the cost would be prohibitive I suspect unless it is expensive equipment being sent back for warranty work.

It is a one way street to the DR for the time being. The only other option I can think of is sending it by airfreight with an airline and having the recipient pick it up at the closest airport and clear US customs. Probably cheaper than Fedex but not a drop it off and forget about it process.

C

cobraboy

It would be wonderful if the established freight forwarders would provide a service from the DR to Miami and then forwarded packages to the USPS but alas that isn't available. There are ways to send small/light packages from here using Fedex, DHL etc but at a minimum of $100 per package, sending it needs to be pretty important to go that route. At 40 lbs the cost would be prohibitive I suspect unless it is expensive equipment being sent back for warranty work.

It is a one way street to the DR for the time being. The only other option I can think of is sending it by airfreight with an airline and having the recipient pick it up at the closest airport and clear US customs. Probably cheaper than Fedex but not a drop it off and forget about it process.
Agreed.

Sending anything to Canada or the US is cost-prohibitive, and a worry when buying something, especially clothing, online.

40lbs. is a stout package to send. It may be possible as consolidated freight on a ship, but the paperwork and logistics would be frustrating for so small a shipment.

H

Harleysrock

I am going to Canada soon so I will probably end up taking it with me and sending from there. Thanks for the replies. :)

H

Harleysrock

We went to DHL/Fedex at next gas station in Sosua as the other places don't send stuff out and it was $370 Canadian for a 30 pound box . Thought I would share this in case someone else needed the info :) It's just a bunch of clothes that needs to go to Alberta.

W

william webster

Your best bet is a carrier...... someone to take it on a flight
US or Canada

any friends ??

B

buenavides1

Through luggage as what the other members have suggested.

R

Riva_31

Recomendations: if you send it with a friend and the package is not going straight to the location you want to deliver, make sure that Canada Post will acept. I sent with a friend a gift of 2 bottle of Rum Brugal and he couldnt send using Canada post because some intoxication rules, so now the Rum is stuck in Vancouver, fortunatelly my friend will have to go at some point in the fallowing months to Montreal and will be more easy to pick up the Rum there. Fedex or UPS do not acept Liquor to Send to Canada if you do not have a licence to export, and US Postal Service also do not send Liquor to Canada.