Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Quick question about U.S. passport renewal

Out of curiousity:

I made an appointment at the Consulate to renew my passport.

Everything went well. I ordered and paid for a regular passport and the passport card.

It took less than two weeks to receive the new passport via DOMEX (my mail carrier as well).

I only received my new and old passport. I suspect the passport was processed here, and perhaps the card has to be produced in the U.S.?

For those of you who have renewed here and requested the passport and the card, did it take longer for you to receive the card?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    Out of curiousity:

I made an appointment at the Consulate to renew my passport.

Everything went well. I ordered and paid for a regular passport and the passport card.

It took less than two weeks to receive the new passport via DOMEX (my mail carrier as well).

I only received my new and old passport. I suspect the passport was processed here, and perhaps the card has to be produced in the U.S.?

For those of you who have renewed here and requested the passport and the card, did it take longer for you to receive the card?
    Correct.. used Consulate in PP
    March 2014. Took about 3 additional
    weeks to receive my card.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CristoRey View Post
    It took me 4 weeks just to get the passport. I consider myself lucky to get any support from our EMBASSY. When i ask for help for anything else [medicare] A nice lady calls me 2 weeks after my request for assistance. She said im going to help you right NOW! She sent me the web page for Medicare. I asked again for help and never got any call back. So i wrote Medicare a letter and after [by mail from D.R.]3 weeks i called MEDICARE and they had rec. my request and fixed the problem. People at OUR embassy are to involved getting their pictures taken at the Beach, at the Pres. palace, at the airport. In zona colonial ETC. They shure have nice white teeth and big smiles. I wish i had their JOB. Pictures before BUISNESS is their policy! By the way they do not save any emails you send them if you need to find out why no answer you on your own !

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xstew View Post
    It took me 4 weeks just to get the passport. I consider myself lucky to get any support from our EMBASSY. When i ask for help for anything else [medicare] A nice lady calls me 2 weeks after my request for assistance. She said im going to help you right NOW! She sent me the web page for Medicare. I asked again for help and never got any call back. So i wrote Medicare a letter and after [by mail from D.R.]3 weeks i called MEDICARE and they had rec. my request and fixed the problem. People at OUR embassy are to involved getting their pictures taken at the Beach, at the Pres. palace, at the airport. In zona colonial ETC. They shure have nice white teeth and big smiles. I wish i had their JOB. Pictures before BUISNESS is their policy! By the way they do not save any emails you send them if you need to find out why no answer you on your own !
    ...same here.. getting any help at that embassy in Santo Domingo, is hopeless...they have a separate department for passports and social security...passport department is terrible...social security is worse..of course it is mostly young Dominican men waiting on me, and the lies never stopped..at the end he told me my SS documents would be mailed to my house by the DOMINICAN post office, then my wife and him had a very loud argument in spanish about the DR post office that doesn't exist in Santiago..anyway then told me to call his government if I had a problem with the post office, and said good bye... those guys all need new jobs...Doc....

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Imagine that! US Government workers that have been "Dominicanized". It's a sad, sad situation, and it's getting more and more absurd to quote Sir Elton...

My point is they were government employees before they came here and then added the Dominicinazation on top of that. Working an hour or two a day would now be a miracle. They probably can never be employed again anywhere else.

6. Likes chico bill liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by USA DOC View Post
    ...same here.. getting any help at that embassy in Santo Domingo, is hopeless.......
    Been to American Embassies in several different countries.
    The only one I can say did a good job was in Amsterdam.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Trump need's to close this one save money and get the same results. As this one does nothing as it is !

9. Likes windeguy liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CristoRey View Post
    Thanks CR.. Was the card delivered by DOMEX as well?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I see DR is no different in processing passport/passport cards as the USA. Took extra 3 plus weeks in the USA also to receive passport card.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Imagine that! US Government workers that have been "Dominicanized". It's a sad, sad situation, and it's getting more and more absurd to quote Sir Elton...

My point is they were government employees before they came here and then added the Dominicinazation on top of that. Working an hour or two a day would now be a miracle. They probably can never be employed again anywhere else.
    And long lunches bordering on from 11 AM until drunk-thirty are the norm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast