Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with Altice Prepago

I am visiting for an extended stay and have established a prepaid account with Altice for my cellphone. I find, however, that their process doesn't seem to work as I was expecting based on past experience elsewhere! As such, I would like to hear from those of you with experience with Altice to see if I understand the situation correctly and if so, whether you have any recommendations as to the best way to manage the account.

It appears to me that I am able to add money to my account in a number of ways and the greater the amount added, the longer it is valid for, up to a maximum of 30 days for a recharge greater than RD$250. I understand that I can use the funds so added to purchase "paqueticos" that give me internet access for a certain number of days with either a set usage limit or unlimited use. I am less clear when it comes to phone calls and texting. It appears to me that I need to also purchase a paquetico for phone minutes (Minutos Nacionales y Internationales) which also seem to be valid for only 1 to 5 days, depending on the quantity purchased. I can't imagine trying to work within these maximum 5-day windows! I may not need to make an outgoing call for many days, but I never know when to expect incoming calls! Everywhere else that I have used prepaid services, phone calls are simply deducted from the account balance as and when made, and any unused balance carries forward as long as the account is recharged by the expiry date.

Please tell me I am mistaken as to how the system works!

Thanks, Chris.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless it has changed very r3cently ( i am back to claro full time for mobile ), you buy " paqueticos" for internet------ but you could also use internet without ( but don't cos it is expensive ).
    Same for phone calls, buy " paqueticos" for a better deal, but not a necessity, you can just phone without and it will be deducted out of the total of your " recarga ".

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I have Altice. I usually buy 250 pesos for cellphone useage which is good for about 30 days. Whenever I need internet, I'll buy a "paquetico". That amount is automatically deducted from my cellphone minutes balance.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I am using Alltice internet prepaid phone (phone as hotspot) connection on my laptop
    as I type. Its not the best but does work. #131# (send) for your balance.
    #100# (send) for the menu which gives you the options to purchase data.
    Unlimited 5 days is RD$159 pesos, I think, and speeds vary depending on
    your physical location and time of day.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Look what it will take to cancel your plan. Some are very difficult so that it takes a long time and running around all designed
    to "milk" money out of you while you run in circles trying to figure out how to end the contract.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    Unless it has changed very r3cently ( i am back to claro full time for mobile ), you buy " paqueticos" for internet------ but you could also use internet without ( but don't cos it is expensive ).
    Same for phone calls, buy " paqueticos" for a better deal, but not a necessity, you can just phone without and it will be deducted out of the total of your " recarga ".
    This makes sense to me - I hope you are correct!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DR Solar View Post
    Look what it will take to cancel your plan. Some are very difficult so that it takes a long time and running around all designed
    to "milk" money out of you while you run in circles trying to figure out how to end the contract.
    No plan - if I stop adding money, the contract is ended!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    I have Altice. I usually buy 250 pesos for cellphone useage which is good for about 30 days. Whenever I need internet, I'll buy a "paquetico". That amount is automatically deducted from my cellphone minutes balance.
    Can you confirm that what malko says is correct - calls without paquetico are simply charged against available account balance?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmagor View Post
    No plan - if I stop adding money, the contract is ended!
    Been there... done that. READ the contract.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmagor View Post
    Can you confirm that what malko says is correct - calls without paquetico are simply charged against available account balance?
    I don't really understand what he's saying(?). When I do a "recarga", I get a "credit" to my phone. Calls are deducted from that credit. If you want to get an internet "paquetico", also, you press #100# and select the one you want and that amount is deducted from your "credit".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast