Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    On Probation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Very interesting indeed!
    As previously posted I am going through the process of obtaining a Residency here in DR.
    I made it very clear that I wanted a Permanent Residency due to my Pension being substantially greater than the minimum requirement.
    However I have been relegated to accept a temporary Residency by order of the DMG.
    Now there is a silver lining in that cloud ; if DMG can guarantee that I shall be alive and breathing in another year to reapply; then I am quite prepared to do so.
    In the past I transferred funds from the Canadian Bank to the Bank Reservas which my family uses here in Luperon.
    By the time the funds reached our local bank we had lost $750.00 CDN through Banking fees and exchange.
    They stated that the CDN funds had to be converted first to USD then to Pesos... All strictly Bull Ship!

I shall never have funds forwarded to our local Bank again.
    My pensions are going to stay in Canada and we draw from there .
    We use the VISA for food and Hotel etc. and simply transfer payments electronically from our CDN Bank.
    Other than we use the ATM's at several safe places.
    The funds are spent here; so that has to be compliant.
    I am old (77), stubborn, cynical, bull headed and several more excellent attributes ; There are other countries that are willing to accept our Pensions and family.....
    Not really an issue.
    It is called,where I am from, "shooting one self in the foot!"

AH, I do so feel better!!!
    Russell
    Russell I transfer from my RBC acct to my BHD account. I transfer in American funds which RBC converts from my Canadian acct. Thanks to Trudeau we have a terrible exchange rate loosing 30 cents on the dollar but it is what is . 1800 American is aprox 2400 Canadian. I am limited to 2500 CAD each transfer. Anyways it arrives in my BHD acct in US funds and they take 7 dollars. Usually takes 2 or 3 days.

2. Likes Russell liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

grease the wheel russell find a palm

4. Likes Russell liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have Investor permanent residency and for renewal, have to show 6 months of USD 2,000 (the minimum) deposited to Scotiabank, thru a certified bank statement to DGM.

and 8,000 is way too high. recent renewal 800, initial application (Guzman) about 2000 back in 2012

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

StrangeI just renewed 5 year expired temp residency and it was very easy and straight forward with our lawyer and definitely didn’t have to show any money stuff.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleysrock View Post
    StrangeI just renewed 5 year expired temp residency and it was very easy and straight forward with our lawyer and definitely didn’t have to show any money stuff.
    The "money stuff" referenced in #23 above is for Investor permanent residency. Is that what you have? The requirements for that include that you must submit to Migracion six months of DR bank statements showing movement of money. And a letter from the bank that says you have an account, the balance, and they also say what was minimum and maximum in account. (The name of that residency is Residencia por Inversion. I also have it. And, have been required to submit that bank stuff each time I renew.)

It will be good if the GA lawyer responds to the OP question. But he might not see it if not in Legal.)

8. Likes Russell, nekokatt liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nekokatt View Post
    I have Investor permanent residency and for renewal, have to show 6 months of USD 2,000 (the minimum) deposited to Scotiabank, thru a certified bank statement to DGM.

and 8,000 is way too high. recent renewal 800, initial application (Guzman) about 2000 back in 2012
    In your case that makes sense since that is a requirement of your initial residency.

10. Likes nekokatt liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The Investor, Pensioner and Landlord (rentista) visas all come under the same category of Residencia Por Inversion. The government supposedly makes it easier to get and to renew these visas, provided that the person can show that they have got money from abroad coming into the Dom Rep each month - so this is why there is a requirement to show that you are getting your rent money from abroad, or your pension, and this is being paid into a Dominican bank account, and that you are spending it in Dom Rep.

How anyone manages to live a comfortable life and not get through US$ 2,000 a month is beyond me, but let's not start that conversation.

The last time I renewed, Banco Popular just gave a standard letter which showed my average balance and average income each month and Migracion were happy with this. But I do know that things have changed, and Dominican government employees just looooooovvvve to find a reason to say No, go away and get another form or another letter or another stamp or....

12. Likes nekokatt, Russell liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalPaul View Post
    The Investor, Pensioner and Landlord (rentista) visas all come under the same category of Residencia Por Inversion.
    My residency is "jubilado/pensionado" RT-9 and I've never had to show that I have money coming in from abroad(?).

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalPaul View Post
    The Investor, Pensioner and Landlord (rentista) visas all come under the same category of Residencia Por Inversion. The government supposedly makes it easier to get and to renew these visas, provided that the person can show that they have got money from abroad coming into the Dom Rep each month - so this is why there is a requirement to show that you are getting your rent money from abroad, or your pension, and this is being paid into a Dominican bank account, and that you are spending it in Dom Rep.

How anyone manages to live a comfortable life and not get through US$ 2,000 a month is beyond me, but let's not start that conversation.

The last time I renewed, Banco Popular just gave a standard letter which showed my average balance and average income each month and Migracion were happy with this. But I do know that things have changed, and Dominican government employees just looooooovvvve to find a reason to say No, go away and get another form or another letter or another stamp or....
    actually they are just looking for grease

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RDKNIGHT View Post
    grease the wheel russell find a palm
    Not enough grease!!LOL
    Just found out that my application was stopped in process because the Police Report did not meet their standard.
    Get this, The DR Embassy in Ottawa, Canada had the Report translated into Spanish, had the original certified by Global Affairs Canada ; the DR Migracion approved it and provided the 60 Day Visa which arrived two weeks late.
    Now some bureaucrat thinks they do not like the format. I am encouraged to get another Police REport!!!!
    It will be the same report ; different date!
    This is fun!
    I was getting bored.
    The DR Migracion is as enept as Immigration Canada ... they must have sent them all to the same school in Bolivia!!

Off to Migracion in Puerto Plata today...should be fun.
    On the monetary issue; I may have to go to Scotia Bank in Nova Scotia and open an account then the same here to get preferred banking.
    Yesterday my TD Bank card was rejected from the Bank Reservas... but the next customer got money with Wells Fargo card.
    Humm! interesting.
    Three ATM's in Luperon did not provide a peso for me. I shall have to get it from Scotia Bank in Puerto PLata.

Always an exciting day here in RD.
    Russell

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast