big game fishing

helga

Jun 10, 2002
hi there, we are going to sosua next week, and want to go big game fishing. believe we are going to the wrong part of the country. can anyone give us suggestions what to do to go big game fishing over there or should we drive to the east cost.
who can we contact to rent a boat and what are the costs? what material should we take or do they have it all over there for rental?

thanks for advice in advance, helga

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
helga,

Recently in response to a similar question Tony C posted the following:

"Many of the tourist areas have Charter boats for off shore fishing. The eastern part of the DR is a big Billfish fishing area. Mainly White Marlin. Many Tournaments are held there."

Hopefully he will see your question and give you more specifics.

Ken

helga

Jun 10, 2002
thanks for your reply, ken. In the meantime I found out that every year in june there are tournaments on blue marlin and tuna in Cabezo de Toro or Boca de Yuma. I can't find any information about these tournaments.
So if anyone can get me some information i would be very happy and i would also like to know how far the drive is from sosua to cabezo de toro or boca de yuma and if it is easy to find a hotel in that area to stay for one or two nights.

thanks in advance again, helga