Disco at Paradise in Puerta Plata

loristud

Jul 1, 2002
My friend and I are travelling to DR on Aug 3rd, planning to stay at Paradise, we heard the disco was amazing, but now I am hearing it is closed and no one seems to know for how long?
Does anyone here have any info they can share? Would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Lori

zoya19

Mar 11, 2002
members.kingston.net
June 8 it was open

Hello,
I didn't stay at Paradise but always make atleast one visit to the disco to visit friends. It was open when we left on June the 8th.
Heaven's Hotel is under construction and I think their disco may be closed..but Crazy Moon was still open.
Have a nice trip.

Sanni1975

Jun 6, 2002
Disco at Paradise

:dead: This disco was closed and dead as dead can be between June 12 and 19. They closed it down as there weren't hardly any tourists and secondly their dancefloor was falling apart and entirely torn and "worn" out....

They were almost up to close the hotel - that's what I heard from some of the staff, but am not sure if this was or is an issue....

The only open disco in entire Playa Dorada was the one at Playa Naco, TOP'S. But this is the worst of them, though....

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Crazy Moon was packed

The two saturdays I went to Crazy Moon in early June, it was very packed with people, but I know the hotel was not doing well. I will find out if its still open, why it closed, and when it will open again.

ms.mathilda

May 5, 2002
i was there about July1 or 2nd...

and it was closed. I heard that it was going to be closed for about a month but not sure when that month started.
Have you tried contacting the hotel? They'll know for sure and they probably have an e-mail address.
Mattie

Milli

May 15, 2002
still closed the disco....the playa dorada complex is like a ghost town. No one travelling and no tourists..

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Crazy moon disco was closed 2 weeks ago and the only disco which was open at the time was TOPS.
Here is what I have to say about tops.
If you like loud ghetto fast merengue music, a place full of local hookers and drug-dealer type / gangster looking young sankies, then this place is for you.
Other than that, no decent person would feel either safe or comfortable in this joint.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Update:

As of Sat. July 27th, Crazy Moon was still closed. We did go to Tops and I agree its pretty shady. If you like hip hop maybe its your thing, but I would not recommend it.

On the other hand, we did go to the Hurricane Disco at Playa Cofresi, about 15 mins west of Playa Dorada in the Hacienda Hotel complex, next to the EMI Sun Village Resort. It is open for non hotel guests and has a good mix of tourists and locals. The music is ok, occasionally changing from the tiring Merengue to some club/dance/techno beats.

debs

Jun 10, 2002
I emailed Paradise last week to find out if and when Crazy Moon would be opened.

The person who answered my email said it would be re-opened by September. I then received another email yesterday from the same person stating that it will be opened in a few days.

What about Andromeda? Is it closed too? I don't even want to imagine spending my evenings at Tops...guess I'll be spending a lot on cab fare the week I'm there.

CaribbeanGeorge

"Creature of Leisure"
Jan 3, 2002
www.fuentesdellago.com
Party

What is your idea of amazing disco? Palladium/Acapulco, The Church/NY, not here, if u wanna have a good night life, bar hoping go to Sosua or Cabarete, you?ll sure have fun. Plenty of options. Or try bavaro the disco at the Occidental Hotel is nice, mixed with local & tourist plus it has a Boxing Ring, in case ur boyfriend gets jealous of the indescreet looks from the dominican sankimpankis. lol. :devious: :dead: