cabarete apartments (cheap!)

mirage

Apr 15, 2002
Hi guys! Just returned from a 15 day trip to DR. Stayed with hubby's family in Bonao most of the time but went for a four day trip to the beach at Cabarete. We stayed at this studio apartment owned by this nice old lady we know named Luz. She also owns the hotel on the same beach called estrella del mar. (luna del mar?) The building is in a courtyard with small shops near the laguna inn and the bank. The studio apartment consisted of one queen size bed, a futon, table and 2 chairs, ac, ceiling fan, cable tv, stove, fridge, sink, toaster oven and a bathroom. The best thing (besides the price) was that this is right on the beach. The cost was 45 bucks a night. I thought that was pretty good considering other places charged 90 bucks a person and there was me my husband and our 3 year old son. She also has bigger apartments available. If anyone wants info her e mail address is Luzvina@hotmail.com. Telephone numbers are 809-571-0632 and 809-571-0351.

Last edited:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Doubt????

When you say 90 "bucks" are you talking about US$. If so somebody is screwing you over. The current prices for a studio anywhere in the DR is between $US25.00/$50.00 day

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Mirage

$90.00??/Are you crazy?For 1 night! Try $30.So you got a place on the beach....ok then maybe $35.Shop around a little next time.
ILoveDR

mirage

Apr 15, 2002
read it right

I said other places charged 90 bucks -as in the resorts. I never said it was for a studio , just other places I looked at. I did not consider staying there nor did I stay there so the next time you people want to act smart, know what you are talking about ,ok. Again, for the studio I paid $40 but she usually charges $45 , so if you want to critisize me about that, then go right ahead. At least know what you are speaking about before you are so quick to judge and act like a know it all. Thanks!

Last edited: