You will be pleased to know...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I'm back. Reading some of the stuff that's been posted over the last few weeks just reaffirms what I have always thought, some of you really need to get a life outside of DR1 :)

Order in the house!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Huh? You was gone? Gee, who'd a thunk?

I do believe that the denizens of DR1 were totally ignorant of your departure, except those that read your spurious posts about Football and beer
beerchug.gif
in the Chezk(?) Republic. And something about an airport in Spain.

Oh well, those of us with real lives to live will lumber on....

HB
bandit.gif

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
that was quick

Wow Rob,

That was a quickie. Quick go quick come.

Anyway ...any comments about India beating England?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"While the CATS Away,The Mice Will.......................

........let DR1 be completely taken over by the WOMEN!!!!Sad to say Robert,but it's true! The women now "RULE!".With all the sad ramifications there of!No FUN anymore.None of the "REAL MEN" of DR1 bother to post anymore.You can see that some sections of the forum go days without a post.Every time a man posts,he is attacked by a group of "Piranha"! Most of us fear for our right to express ourselves freely!The women only want to exchange fotos,names,and pictures of the "Sankis", "Who done them wrong!" DR1 has become a "Clearing House" for "Bitter Bitc*es" !Please help! Put "THE LOCK" on the "Sanki Seduced Society of Sad Seamstresses!"Lets make DR1 a "Safe" place for EVERYONE to post,not just the "Lonley Hearts Club Ladies"!:cool: CRISCO

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
Cricket is what I meant

Cricket! not Soccer is what I meant above.

Anyway Rob....will you say something to Criss....................

Too scared to type these days..........missing_dr

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The silence of SOME of the "REAL MEN" has been a plus, but there is still work for you to do. Welcome back.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Criss is right. DR1 used to be a place for the big dogs to play, exchange masculine philosophy and stimululate interesting discussions. But now, with the women in majority, great thinkers like GOLO and others have taken a back seat at writing. The information is becoming extinct and the BS boring / politically correct discussion is on the roll. Now we see threads as, "put your birthdates here...". happy birthday DRtechie, things you would like to do...., weaving baskets, is my sankie really only mine?, women and men only friends (what a joke), jose the dancer in playa dorada, and etc. Now we seem to talk only about things that can't even possibly offend your dog. But if you say anything which excites a manly interest ex: hookers and mulitple girlfriends, we are called sick, unethical, morally low human beings. Now it seems even if you write anything outside the realm of female interest ex: condemn sankies or advice a woman against going out with a sankie, we are attacked from every direction.
Women always want to talk about BS topics and offer no information to the needy. Most women don't have 2% of the real knowledge what golo, criss and many others have to offer. Some just dismiss it as generalization or want researched source while others totally discredit you because they have not seen or heard of it from the outside of their bubble they live in.
I have tried to write some posts to try to stimulate the others into writing but to no avail. Golo is gone, and so is O&C. Mondongo is try to make a come back but even he seems to be slow and uninterested. Hilbillly is keeping the infomation channel open and criss is in charge of the entertainment department.
Robert, you must start closing the female threads and start to control them before the beast becomes to big to handle. Lets make a female section for all the people who are easily offended and have the interest level of a valium.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I thought this board was for everyone. You write what you like and read only what interests you. I don't see the problem.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Tony C, ask CC, it's taken from his post.

Anna C, don't rise to AZB's bait. What Robert needs to do, if anything, is to provide a "special place for the big dogs to play".

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
Agreed

Yes Rob,

We need a Dog Eat Dog Forum desperately here.

We have not seen blood for a while here. You shot down the last great attempt by AZB about oil in the Caspian Sea.

So can we respectfully ask for a Bow Wow section to be added where the ?Rob Closing Thread Feature is Omitted??

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Rob, I propose the following changes:

a. Add a Dog Eat Dog section, or whatever you want to call it. But a place where those who enjoy tearing each other up can sharpshoot to their hearts content, without fear of being red penciled.

b. Move the "Not for the faint hearted or easily offended" warning from "General Stuff", where it doesn't fit, to the new section. For lack of another place, a lot of serious stuff is being posted in General Stuff (including this thread) and it is not the section for heaping abuse on one another.

c. Rewrite the descriptor for General Stuff so that it is broader than just "questions". The thread you started, for example, is not a question. Likewise with many of the other thread posted in this section because there is no other place for them. Much information, for example, is shared in this section.

When the Dog Eat Dog section is in place, those who have information to share with others with much less experience with the Dominican Republic will have a place to "play" in between questions being posted in the other sections. This will help to maintain their interest in dr1, so that they stick around to provide assistance when appropriate. The fact that they have their own playground should make you feel more comfortable about closer monitoring of the other sections. This will be a benefit in keeping the allegiance of those who are offended by the abuse meted out to them or others, as well as those, including regulars, who are becoming disenchanted by the lack of control of the moderators.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Lets all go down to the meadow and watch the grass grow!

That would be more interesting than the DR1 "General Forum" lately!If you can't take the heat,get out of the kitchen.The members of the,"Mutual Admiration Society" now want yet another "Forum"to be created, where they will be "Protected" from the "Slings and Arrows" of the real world!How about a "Special Land",where only "Ken" and the other ladies can talk about their kids and grandkids till there is no tomorrow."OPEN FORUM",not for the easily offended,or faint of heart!DR1's description,not mine!So stop kissing Roberts ass,he must be sick of all the thinly veiled attempts to "Suck-Up" to him by now!It is you "Goody Two Shoes" who are out of place here,not the "REAL MEN" of The OPEN FORUM!......By the way "CherylW" if you are so upset about your personal life being discussed here,why post your picture,make a post about it,and then ask us to decide if you are a "DOG" or not?You,"Doth Protest To Much"!..By the way,do they have a leash law where you come from,or can you run around the park freely?CRISCO(Remember,this is not the place to be if you are EASILY offended!!:D :laugh: :devious: :lick: :lick:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Couldn't have come up with more convincing evidence that a change is needed. Thanks, CC

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Nor could I,to suport my point!

As always I tip my hat to you,and to all the ladies on DR1!......Guess there is no problem with the toilet seat being left "UP" at your house Eh "Kenia"???CRISCO

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I know better than to argue with a WOMAN,"Kenia"!

So I,ll just say,"Yes Dear,you are right!"....Even though I don't know what the Hell you are talking about!"Sound familiar Guys?"("AWGTHTGTTSA",why does it always seem like women are speaking another language?).....CRISCO

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Sorry, CC. Assumed you were up on internet/message board shorthand. Stands for Are We Going to have To Go Through This Sh** Again?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Sorry Dear,I am not an "Internet Junkie"Like you!

I have a Life out side of DR1.I actually am not afraid to interact with others face-to-face!By the way,it is OK for "Ladies" to "swear" on DR!,so you can actually post "SHIT" if you would like to.After all this IS the OPEN FORUM,"Not for the Faint Hearted,or Easily offended"! CRISCO

Last edited: