Tourist Fee

Linasmiles

Jun 21, 2002
Hello everyone,

I had seen somewhere in here on a post plus my husband told me I would need to pay a tourist fee when I arrive in the DR, does anyone know how much that costs? I will be leaving on July 26th.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Tourist Cards are $10, Departure $10 also but...

Your airline, especially charter, may give you a tourist card with your boarding pass, if not you MAY be able to buy at the airport (though I have not seen that for a while with AA in Miami) and you can certainly get it at arrival before you go through immigration/passport control. Very easy to fill out, fill both parts.

Have a pen with you - there are little tables on pillars to complete the forms. On American you also have a customs declaration form they give on the plane (free) though on charters I have seen them not bother with that form for passengers.

There is a US$10 departure tax, in the case of American Airlines it is in the ticket, with others you may pay at check in or at a desk in the departure lounge.

Keep in mind many Canadian/US airports have such charges, sometimes in cash ( Vancouver BC) or in the ticket ( Toronto) though not usually on arrival, very often departure and all domestic flights, too.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Yes, you need to purchase a tourist card. The fee is still US$10/person. As indicated above, there is a good chance that you will be given a card to fill out before the plane lands. It will ask such questions as why you are coming, what you are bringing, etc. When you land you will turn this card in, and pay the fee. If you didn't get this card on the plane, then you will get one during the clearing in process. Faster, however, to fill it in on the plane, if possible.

Last edited:

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Tourist card

I'm going the same date on 26 July 2002 from AMS to SDQ with Martinair Holland.

---
If you are born in the Dominican republic, you pay nothing.

On entry, most tourists will be required to purchase a tourist card, which costs US$10.

When you return back everybody need to pay US$10 (per person) departing tax at the airport.

you can read more at this website of dr1.com/travel.

preview touristcard

tourist_card.jpg
? bocachicabeach.net

Cristian Garcia

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
To be accurate you don't turn it in and pay anything

Ken said:
Yes, you need to purchase a tourist card. The fee is still US$10/person. As indicated above, there is a good chance that you will be given a card to fill out before the plane lands. It will ask such questions as why you are coming, what you are bringing, etc. When you land you will turn this card in, and pay the fee. If you didn't get this card on the plane, then you will get one during the clearing in process. Faster, however, to fill it in on the plane, if possible.

If you have a tourist card given to you by a charter company you don't pay any fee when you land since the fee is just to buy it and you already have it.

On AA they don't give you anything (food included) and if you cannot buy it at the airport in USA then you buy it as said at the Tourist Card window, pay for it there, fill it out then go through passport control.

You don't put what you are bringing in on a tourist card, that goes on the customs form and a lot of charter flights they don't bother with that. The tourist card has name, address, passport#, purpose, marital status, shere you are staying, nationality and residence and how long you are staying and to what port you are departing.

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
Salida?

First of all you guys, thanks for supplying a tourist card application that I can finally read. For a guy my age, the actual print is so small that I fill out the application from memory now. What about the departure tax though. U.S. $20.00 last week. And I believe that is per person.

Carolina066

Jun 1, 2002
tourist fee

$10 US on arrival--and don't lose your tourist card or you will have to pay again when you leave...

Carolina066

Jun 1, 2002
departure tax

Kenosha Chris: can't say for Canadian residents but for US residents(and citizens) the departure tax is now included in the price of the ticket--makes for a more efficient departure, too.