Brand New

Cira

Sep 24, 2002
Hello!!

I am brand new to DR1. I was born in Bonao, but raised in Barahona. ;)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Are you still living in the DR? If so, are you within the area of the Storm Watch for Lili?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
If you were raised in Barahona, you are used to storms. Seems to be common for Tropical Storms and Hurricanes to make landfall near there and cross the island to the Atlantic.

I hope you will become a regular poster. We have a few Dominican posters, but need more. You have information and insights that are valuable to all us extranjeros.

Cira

Sep 24, 2002
Thank you! I will have my friends sign up. I do plan on becoming a regular member!

Apr 26, 2002
Barahona

Bienvenido Barahonero!

Viva Maria Montez y Casandra Damiron!

Dame una toronja!

Vamos a beber par de cervezas!

Cira

Sep 24, 2002
Gracias Tony. Welcome! I feel right at home here. I get to take my point across and discuss w/ others my opinion

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
welcome Cira.....like yourself, I was born in the DR but was brought over when I young (11 1/2)...where in Boston area are you from?

Cira

Sep 24, 2002
Hey Mondongo! I am from Egleston Sq. and I am about to move to J.P.
Where are you from?

Last edited:

JROD

Jan 3, 2002
last, but not least

Last but not least. Bienvenida a tu casa. Mi casa es tu casa. I hope you have fun here. We all do!. I'm also dominican de santiago, but raised in the BIG APPLE, in el barrio de Dominican Heights (Washington Heights). Soy Dominicano de PURA CEPA. Come platano.... VIVA SANTIAGO !!!!!

Adios,

JROD

mariposa33

Aug 22, 2002
I am from the states, but lived in Barahona for about 6 months. Beautiful place, awesome people. I don't remember what they were called, but about once a week we would go downt he coast to a huge waterfall that was there and climb up the falls. What fun.

Cira

Sep 24, 2002
Thank you everybody!!

I am de pura cepa tambien!
Remember that the platanos in Barahona are the best!!
Viva el platano, viva Barahona y pa' lante.
Oh1 I already have hitted, duck, but I'll never run, I always faced what is to come good or bad.

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Cira said:
Thank you everybody!!

I am de pura cepa tambien!
Remember that the platanos in Barahona are the best!!
Viva el platano, viva Barahona y pa' lante.
Oh1 I already have hitted, duck, but I'll never run, I always faced what is to come good or bad.

Y que de la yucca Cibae?a?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
She ain't a Cibae?a but rather a Sure?a!
Welcome Cira. Barahona is a long way from Santiago but we have lots of good friends there....
Muy bienvenida! No te apures con los relajos de aqu?, la gran mayor?a son buena gente....
If you remember any "special" recipes from Barahona, get in touch with Da PIB...

HB
coffee.gif