It's the mix

scaramooch

Dumb as a box of rocks!
Oct 1, 2002
People are amazed as to why Dominicans are the way they are like lacking work ethics, wanting hand outs, and as long as there is a Presidente in front of them they are not going any where. I came to the conclusion that Dominicans are the way they are it's because of the mix of diferent races they are mixed with. First take the Spaniards, they came to the new world to conquer rape and pilage in the name of God and the Queen of Spain. Second take the indiginous Tayno and Carib Indians that Columbus found naked hanging from trees and living in caves, very unlike the other Indians of the new world like the Mayans Astecs and Incas that built cities and monuments and infrastructure that still exist today. Last but not least, the Haitians that were brought to the island as slaves from Africa. They dominated the DR for many year. You take that mix and you get a Dominican that's dishonest and will screw you if he can, ingrained from the Spaniards, thats waiting for a hand out which is the mind set of the Haitians(Criss Colon made that comment on one post) and last the DNA from the Tayno don't let them have the pioneering spirit to build an infrastructure(except in big cities with the help of others). It pisses me of when the first "mordida" starts in customs when you arrive there. I will catch a lot of flack for this comment ,even though I am Dominican, I call a spade a spade.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
What a big mountain of excrements of masculine bovine.

Of course that is you opinion and you're entitled to it. But it is racist to believe that one's actions are pre-determined by one's racial making.

You wanted our attention, now you got it. Do you promise to go away now?

Last edited:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Without insulting the guy by calling him a pig etc, I wonder what has him so bent out of shape in this thread and others as well. He has said that he is a Dominican so evidently this is a bit self depricating as well.

That is a question Scaramooch if you care to answer I am curious.

Thanks

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Without insulting the guy by calling him a pig etc, I wonder what has him so bent out of shape in this thread and others as well. He has said that he is a Dominican so evidently this is a bit self depricating.

That is a question Scaramooch if you care to answer I am curious.

Thanks

Cira

Sep 24, 2002
Well, If you as a Dominican feel like that, that is you. Do not categorize all Dominicans like that. I am Dominican, born and raised and I and a lot of people I know are not like that. I am not saying that some of us are not like that, but you should try to look the other way, the beauty of our peolple!

scaramooch

Dumb as a box of rocks!
Oct 1, 2002
I am just generalizing, but it takes a dominican to know one.The sad part about it, it's that a large majority of Dominicans are that way, every body is on the take from politicians to the cop on the street. Dominicans are not of a giving society, I bet you won't find a soup kitchen run by Dominicans for Dominicans, but some foreign mission giving hand outs to them, where are those rich Dominicans that AZB alluded to on another post?

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
scaramooch....judging from your posts...i would like to make the generalization that you are a moron...my 10 year old nephew has better writing skills...learn the language first before you use it to cast aspersions...

don't despair...even morons learn a thing or two by the time they reach the age of 58..and it shows cause some of the claims you make are true.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
This thread is starting to get "MEATY"!

I don't think that the color of a persons skin has anything to do with their inteligence,honesty,work ethic,or much else.These things are a product of "Nurture",not "Nature"! The Culture that has developed on this tiny island is unique.I have never seen its like anywhare in the world!Such a "Ying & Yang" in everything.This eclectic whitches brew of blood,cultures,languages,music,food!"Wow"! It takes your breath away!The kindest,most gentle loving father,who punches his wife because there is no cold beer in the house!A 1965 Chevy runs 100 miles everyday as a "concho",but the ceiling fan hasn't made a breeze in 4 years!Stay up dancing and drinking until 6 AM,can't get to work because they are to tired.Love their kids to a fault,spend 2000 pesos for a 2 year olds birthday party,when they only make 3000 a month.Yet let that same 2 year old walk around the house with electric wires sticking out of the wall,or run in the street with cars wizzing past!I lay most of the "Problems" at the feet of the Spainish,and the "Patron" system.Everyone is still waiting to be "Taken Care Of"!...........That and the tropical climate.......Please take the "CRIS COLON Challenge! Name a Tropical Country that has a successful first world industrial economy.First prize is my public acknowledgement that you are smarter than I ("Fat Chance!" No Really,I want you to prove me wrong!)CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCColon

Last edited:

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
People have you no pity,it is obvious this is a cry for help.Just the name alone scara mooch tells you its a plea for $$$ and understanding.Dont worry moocher er mooch somebody some where understands and if you look long enough im sure you will find that idot:rolleyes:

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Re: This thread is starting to get "MEATY"!

Criss Colon said:
Name a Tropical Country that has a successful first world economy.

don't know if you would classify it as tropical but Australia is doing very well.

mob
:)classic: i'll take 2nd prize)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You are RIGHT,.....but wrong!!!

Where did the people who made Australia great come from? Cold Climates!!If your ancestors had to work like hell all Spring,Summer,and Fall,to survive the harsh winter,when there is no food for the taking,you develope a work ethic! You must think of,and prepare for, the future!You understand the concept of work now and reap the benifits later.You don't just live in the moment! My Dominican wife never has any money.She spends everything she makes,and then borrows to spend more.Every payday she pays off those who happen to catch her while she still has money,and then blows the rest.All the employees here are the same.I used to wonder why it was that only 2 or 3 days after payday and they had no money.They paid the colmado,bought a few groceries,and blew the rest.Every August parents have to pay school tuition,buy uniforms,and buy books.They never put away a peso in advance.Come the first of Sept.they start pawning their fans,and borrowing from the "Prestamista",(money lender).There is no hope here!"Hipolito" has the same economic policy as my wife!Borrow Now,Default later!!!Criss

scaramooch

Dumb as a box of rocks!
Oct 1, 2002
Mondongo you do't see the light for the trees in the forest, I am not a dominican flag waver like you, The DR might be a big economy in the area but the money does not trickly down to the 80% of the poor there. The rich Dominicans invest their money outside of the country while the utilities are owned by foreign investors in which the government have no money to pay them and have to borrow money from other countries to pay their national debt, and when they get the money some of it goes in somebody's pockets. Please don't compare the DR to the USA, of course there are crooked politicians and cops and so on here, but the Federal prison are full of them. Do you know of a federal prison there for all those crooks or do they just pay each other off to get out of it, yes I agree with Criss we Dominicnas are a strange lot.

scaramooch

Dumb as a box of rocks!
Oct 1, 2002
Atlanta Bob and Robert practice the "latino" brand of democracy, that is, you can post anything you can say anything you like, but if we disagree with you we will vanish you or if we could, kill you.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Sorry,Its The English again!

The "kicker" in my question is that I should disqualify all countries populated by immigrants from "Cold" climates.cccccccccccccc

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Singapore is doing quite well, but other than that i would have to agree with Criss, much as I hate to. Maybe the heat of the sun slows down the brain, or maybe in all those Northern Countries with long cold winters, people are so bord, they actually sit and think.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Singapore?Its the Chinese

Singapore is Governed and run by Ethnic Chinese businessmen,who are sometimes called;The Jews of the Orient for their business acumem. Lets keep trying!Cris:chinese: :chinese: :chinese: :chinese: :chinese:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
As I sit here racking my tiny brain trying to find the answer,.....

...my hypothesis seems to also apply to countries that have cold winters in the North,and mild winters in the south.Look at the USA,Italy,China,even States,like California! Prosperous Northern industrial areas,with lazy "layabouts" in the South!!!I am so smart I scare myself.Got to go,my shoulder hurts from pating myself on the back so much.That and a new "Ice Cream" vendedora meeting me at 6:30!COLON

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Bungladesh?
Its maybe considered first world if you compare it to haiti. Hahahaha