Expired Dom. Passport, possible to renew in US?

miata

Jun 7, 2002
My dominican wife and I will be travelling to the DR in December... Discovered today that her passport expires later this month.. anyone know if we could renew it here in the US?
I "searched" and didn't find good info on this... I think we might could travel to the DR and try to renew it there, but we will be there about 9 days during Christmas and New Year's... Don' t know if the appropriate offices would even be open..
Thanks for any and all info....

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
Yes, you should be able to renew it here.

You didn't mention the city/state where you are located, but a call to the nearest Dominican Consulate will give you the info you need. Go HERE, then click on "Passports" to give you the basics.

THIS WEBSITE: lists addresses and phone numbers of many of the Consulates in the US.

Swede

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
A few years back I tried to get my Dominican Passport renewed at the Dominican Consulate in New York City on days notice. I ended up traveling with the expired passport and renewing it in Santo Domingo. Since you're traveling in December you should have better luck than I did. If you opt to renew your passport in DR you will have to also apply for or renew your cedula if you haven't already done so. Once that's done getting the passport renewed should be no problem...for faster service go to the passport office at Las Americas Airport in Santo Domingo. G'Luck.