Dr1 Nyc Time!!!

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
DR1 Nyc Time!!!

I know there's been a lot of talk of a DR1 NYC reunion in the chat room so here's the thread to go along with it....

Who's up for a NYC reunion? I know there's a quite a few of us in the big apple it would be nice to finally put a face to the name and party over some Presidentes...

General consensus has been that a late November, early December date would work best....as for a place, I suggest "Cabanas" in the South Street Seaport, Club Babalus or the new Copacabana...which is always a guaranteed good time. What does everyone think????

-Techie

P.S...I was just offered a full-time "permanent" position at Goldman, Sachs & Co...up to this point I've only been a consultant so I've very psyched about this...in other words...I am looking to celebrate BIG time...

Last edited:

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
Techie,
Congrats on the new job.

Too bad we live so far away.

Enjoy your celebration all

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
Hee, hee, didn't even see this post!!

I'm there, if it is around Dec. 3rd or so. I am up for whatever, since I have never been to the big apple before!!! Let me know!!

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
actually now that I think about it, I am going to be on the road every single weekend in November so that probably won't work.

Meredith, since you're the one coming from furthest away let me know what weekend works for you. I am sure it won't be as much of a problem for those of us in the area. Here are some dates I was thinking:

The weekends of December 6 or December 7th....friday or saturday...

Techie

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Techie

Congratulations on the job!I am going to be around in nyc pretty much all of December..I agree that we should try to work around Meredith....You guys set the date and let me know..Lina where are you?Maybe we can get that hic jazzcom to come down from his shack in the woods and join us.
Larry

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
ok guys I am here! any weekend in December will work for me just let me know. Wow! Copacabana sounds great techie (good call) congratulations techie!
Lina

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Let me see..December, in NYC? 32?-38?F. Windy...
Let me see..December in Punta Rucia..85?-95?F Cool breezes..

Thanks guys, I don't have any warm clothes, so I'll stick to the fewest as possible....

Warning, if I hit the Lotto, I'll go ...

HB

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Congrats Techie! Wish I could meet all of you in New York but I'm trying very hard to save to get back to the DR.

DRtechie

"everyday is a holiday"
Jan 27, 2002
phiota.net
Thanks Everyone. I am pretty psyched about it but don't know if I'll be taking it just yet.

Jazz, I'll be trading in my Techie skills and going from Techonology to Finanacial Analyst...more money, double the stress I guess.

Why don't we shoot for Saturday, December 7th? That seems to work for Jazz and I am hopefully Meredith can make it as well. Now where is the rest of the NYC people?

Last edited:

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
What if I tell everyone I'm down

Copacabana just reopened last week after being closed for almost 2 years.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
why not have a DR reunion at eddy's or something. Ilovedr, jazzcom will be here in late december and I guess Missing_Dr might show up also. I am sure Hillbilly wouldn't mind driving an hour or so out of his castle.
lets do it guys. The best of NYC and DR reunion.
Wait, larry, did you say you were coming in january or Feb?

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
DRtechie,

I would love to come, but will NOT be able to make it this time around, currently saving for my New Year's trip to the DR. So, I'm hoping you will have, another NYC get together in early 2003. Have Fun everyone...........DJ

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
The date is good for me so you can count me in.

Santiago on the evening of Jan. 3rd for Larry and me is also a planned day AZB and HB. See what you can round up for that night or in Sosua anytime before then to Christmas Day for me but not Larry.

Also we are having a Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner at Rockys on November 27th and Marco is throwing quite the dinner with his mammas Turkey recipe. Xman, Robert, myself and hopefully the Santiago contigent and a bunch of others are getting the Brugal and Presidente's on that night.

Man, It is going to be hard being in the DR while Larry is in NYC working and freezing his butt off. Shucks Lar, just quit the job and lets hang!:)

Lets firm up these dates and get a head count. You need to make reservations both in NY and the DR on big days.

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
I sadly won't be able to make it until the weekend of December 12th/13th. I am sad, but you guys will have a blast!! Let me know how it goes :)

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
AZB:Jazz is picking me up at POP on Jan 3rd and we are driving down to Santiago that night(its a Friday).Is that ok for you?I plan on being in sosua from the 9th till the 15th of Jan. so if you guys want to arrange a meeting at Eddys thats fine with me.
Techie and all NYers:I am completely open during December for a NYC party.Lets try to arrange it for when Scott and Mer can both come.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I am good for when Meridith can make it. Hell, she is a dish and maybe I can get lucky anyway.

Larry, quit your job and come down for turkey day. NO AZB we ain't talking about you!:)

I love you guys and cant wait to see you all and have sex with meredeth!

Cheers

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Scott

Scott,
Stop telling me to quit my job and come down there because I will!.Geez..everytime I go to DR I get closer to not coming back.I hope Mer can make it to the nyc get together cause I want to have sex with her too.
Larry