Maybe someone could be of help...?

mne01

Sep 5, 2002
Hello

A dominican friend of mine is going to India for two years on a scholarship. Now, she's leaving one month from now but still havent managed to obtain the visa, although she has been granted one. The reason she's having problems is that the closest Indian embassies are in Jamaica, Cuba and Puerto Rico. There isnt one in Santo Domingo. FedEx refuses to send passports and apparantly it is even against some law to do so. I was thinking that maybe there is someone on this board that is going for a short trip within the near future to a city with an Indian embassy and could do her the favor of picking up the visa. I am sure she's willing to pay a little something for this (I don't know how much but I'll hear with her if someone is up to doing this).

Alternatively, any advice of other means to solve this problem would be welcome.

Regards,

mne

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Go to Cuba

mne01 said:
the closest Indian embassies are in Jamaica, Cuba and Puerto Rico.

Alternatively, any advice of other means to solve this problem would be welcome.

Regards,

mne

As far as I recall DR citizens can go to Cuba sin visa and there is a flight to Havana from SDQ every couple of days. I can't take more than an hour to fly there.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
There MUST be an Indian Consulate in the DR that will handle all communication with the nearest Indian Embassy!! Check the Santo Domingo telephone numbers book for Indian Consulate offices or contact Imigracion to find out who represents Indian interests in this country.
Come on AZB, I KNOW it's the competition, but you should know something on this subject!! - Grahame.

mne01

Sep 5, 2002
Thank you for your cooperation!

Yeah, of course she could go to Cuba...or Puerto Rico...or Jamaica. Excpt it would cost her a lot, just in order to get her visa. It seems ridiculous.

Yes, there is a consulate in SD...she's been there a couple of times. But they don't want to mail the passport either.

Regards,

mne

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Bull shit! Just put the passport in a small box and send it DHL ! Of course they can. Don't go all talking about it. You can follow it on the internet, you get a receipt and it is done asap!. NOW, what you can't send is money. in cash. You can buy a check at any bank or any of the money exchange places like VIMENCA.

HB

lmendez16

Jan 26, 2008
There is an Honorary Consulate of India in Dominican Republic

It is possible that this message arrives a little late, but for the other people that might need this info, searching for the same information since I?m planning to go to India the next month,I?ve found that there is an Honorary Consul of India in this country. Here?s what I?ve got:

Dominican Republic

Mr. Fernando Gonzalez Nicolas
Honorary Consul of India
Consorcio Comercial del Caribe, S.A.
Calle Frank Felix Miranda No.38
Edificio NP1, Apto.1-SE, Naco
Santo Domingo
Dominican Republic
Tel.(809) 338-0808
Fax.(809)334-6240
E-Mail:fgonzalez@cccdr.com

They are someother consulates in the Caribbean, you can find their addresses, telephone numbers and contact e-mail?s at:

Business with Latin America

Hope this can be of help to all of you.

Larissa