Religious critizism

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariposa33

Aug 22, 2002
GOLO

The next time you want to remark on a religion keep the sarcasm to yourself and the stupid comments in your mouth.
Every comment you made about the Mormons and the missionaries was wrong and completed unfounded. You obviously had a bad experience with some missionaries and therefore think the whole church is as stupid as you are.

I replied to your post, but was afraid you wouldnt read it so I decided to make a new thread.

I served a mission to the Dominican Republic for the (Mormon) Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I was there for a year and a half and only ate a someone elses home once. I never pushed the teachings on anyone.

The Temples and Churches are paid for with tithing that we as members give. We consider the Temple to be the house of God and so therefore, yes, they are beautiful edifices. Not one cent that is spent on the Temple is borrowed or stolen. Paid for and run by church monies. And by the way we are the only church that is debt free. And we are the number one humanitarian society in the world. Even surpassing the Red Cross and others.
So to say that the church just builds huge buildings and never helps others is ridiculous.

As for Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon.......all I can say is that it is true. I can't make you believe it. No one can make anyone believe a religion is true. But I will tell you that just because I am not Catholic or Baptist doesn't mean that I go around talking bad about their people and their beliefs.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Only one thing aggravates me more than cold gravy and that's religion. Keep it off of this board. I'll give you your 5 mins of fame only so Golo can read it. Thread Closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.