Anyone been to Coral Marien lately?

sienna

Jan 7, 2003
Hi! Leaving for Coral Marien in 10 days and looking for a little help. How far is this resort to the town of PP? Can we walk from the Coral into town? I realise we can walk to the Playa Dorada Complex but have not heard if it is possible to walk along the beach into town. Also does anyone know of a resort map for the Coral? Or even a map locating all the resorts. We have friends that will be in the area at the same time & want to know if their resort is near. Thanks

Serena

Jun 30, 2002
I was there in June 02. You'll love it. I think its about 10 minutes from town. It's easiest to take a taxi to get into town or to Playa Dorada. It only costs a few dollars. Here's a map of all the resorts. Here's the hotel's email if you want to ask them specifics...marien@coralhotels.com and here's a map http://www.dominicanrepinfo.com/PlayaDorada/Map.htm

Serena

Jun 30, 2002
Another tip, before you arrive, call or fax and request to be in a building close to the beach and ask for an ocean front room. I sent a fax a week before I arrived, and I got an oceanfront room on the 3rd floor. I heard the rooms by the disco were noisy. Also, if you want a refrigerator in your room, ask for it when you check in. They aren't in every room.

sienna

Jan 7, 2003
Thanks

Serena you must have read my mind today. I just sent an email to request a 3rd floor room in buildings 1,2,or3. and also requested a fridge. I have read the reviews at Deb's before , they were very helpful. It's a great site. With all the recommendations I've got we'll be hiring a taxi to tour us round although we are definately going to find out how that walk is along the beach into PP. I realise that taxi's would be the easiest but we love to walk, even if it is a 2 hours stroll. I'll be sure to post when I return.