Song of the Humpback Whale

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Have you heard a humpback whale sing. Go to http://whalesong.net/ and listen to the humpbacks of Maui in the Hawaiian Islands singing. These songs are recorded underwater with a hydrophone, an underwater listening/recording device. You can download these sounds by clicking on save to computer and listening at your leisure, or you can open them with your Real Player, or whatever program you have, and listen to them immediately.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Ken,was that a whale that came from the Dominican Republic?

I was wondering about the "connection" to the DR of your post? I did like the "HUMP" part of the post! Maybe you should get a Pet or something to help you pass the time.CRIS

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are humpbacks in Saman? as we speak. The songs are eerie, but beautiful, as any fan of Startrek will attest....
What if......

HB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
For the benefit of the few who don't know, most of the humpback whales in the North Atlantic are Dominican. By that I mean this is where they were born and this is where they return each year to mate and give birth. They feed during the summer in the colder waters to the north, but always return to the DR in the winter. The humpback whale excursions in Samana are one of the most popular excursions for winter visitors.

The whales heard singing on the link I posted will never make it to the DR. They make their home in the Pacific. But they sing in the same way as the North Atlantic humpbacks do. So if you would like to listen to them sing in the same way they do when in Samana Bay or on Silver Bank, this is your chance to do so.

The humpback whale is famous for its haunting melody, a variety of chirps, yups, grunts, and eoooos that form a "song" Jacques Costeau called them the "Carusos of the deep. Whales can hear the songs for 20 miles, humans evesdrop with a hydrophone, an underwater listening device.

Apologies for not providing more information in my first post. However, I made the mistake of assuming greater knowledge on the part of those who make use of this board than perhaps exists.
kujira3.gif

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Is it true that Dominican men prefer HUMPback Whales but that Dominican Ladies prefer SPERM! Whales?

Humpback whales are a bit too "gammy" fo my taste! I prefer BBQ Spinner Dolphin!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Maybe we should move this post to "DR DEBATES"!

Maybe not,since that "Forum" gets about 1 post a week! Seems like "KENNY LAND"(A Kinder Gentler Place Where No One Says Bad Things About Anyone) has been a huge failure! Not even Ken posts there anymore! I know about The Atlantic "Humpback Whales",They "summer" off my home in Wellfleet!My sister once "Adopted" one for me by donating to some "Tree-Fucker" group! Ken,don't worry,we are all really smart on DR1,It's just that we don't have to prove it to everyone like you feel the need to do! "Happy New Year!" CRIS

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
CCCCCCCCRISCO YOU realy ccccccrack me up

I gotta get to Santo Domingo soon to meet you and meat your girls
JJJJJJJJJJJohnny
I know the girls will take me to a kinder gentler place:cool: :bandit:

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
YO, CRISS!

The reason that forum gets approximately only 1 post per week is because you need a brain to go in there. Now I know where to go if I ever feel like hiding from you. :laugh: