Superbowl

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
Too bad- my crappy Eagles decided to play a different defence than the one that got them as far as it did and McNabb looked terrible BUT- still going to Eddy's for SB sunday. Anyone around that day and would like to meet up and have a beer or 12, see ya there. No need to respond- I'm going to watch AFC championship and hit the hay. Leaving at 3a.m. for EWR and will be golfing by the afternoon. Hope to see some of you there.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Not today, you won't!! Folks, we have a "Norte" type rain. All night, most of the day, gentle rain that is made for the crops...
First one this year...

HB

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
Jack is the third genius on the board aside from Skippys and myself. Oh to be in your shoes, Jack. I'll be there in spirit. I bought 5 air horns for the game so my jealous Dirty Bird Falcon neighbors can hear me BLOW all day long!! (What Jack said)!!!

skippys

Jan 17, 2003
??? JACK !!!

I AM SO JEALOUS - I would do almost ANYTHING just to be in TAMPA FOR THIS WEEK & GAME - but it is not to be........

Theresa.....

are 5 air horns the best we can hope to achieve here, no shirts, hats, banderas, nothing else??? my God???? where are we???

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
Criss, can't you do any better than that? I am supposed to give you a bj if Oakland wins. When the Bucs win, what do I get?

Air horns are just the beginning. I have light up Chucky beads, the TB pirate beads, a TB blanket that is going to have to serve as a flag hanging from the house since I can't get any flags at this point, I'll be wearing my Got Gruden? t-shirt underneath my XXXVII NFC Champoinship sweashirt since it will be ice stroming here then. Is that enough??

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Last weeks predictions by myself of course were right,Superbowl rings will be worn by the Oakland Raiders(sorry Theresa)after they destroy Tampa.
Johnny:bandit:
See me live and with my Raider Natin face on at Eddys Sports Bar Sosua,its going to be a howling good time,be there or be square.:cool:

Last edited:

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Anyone going to be watching this in Santo Domingo?

CColon? When are we going to get your wis(d)e ass out and about?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Theresa,If you win,you get to give me a "BJ"!!!

Even if i lose,I "WIN"!I will be watching the big game from the air conditioned comfort of my bedroom,lying on my king size bed,not far from my "Up-Stairs" refrigerator,and master bathroom.And the "family" is going to Moca! I have started gathering the "SNACKS"!!!!!! "Chilli-Dogs" sound good? Later some Pizza! and then Ice-Cream to Celebrate."Pepcid AC for "desert"!!!I am "Da Man"!!!!! Cris that IS!

skippys

Jan 17, 2003
I'll ask AGAIN (but about the Super Bowl XXVII - this Sunday) will it be telecast on "regular" TV here in the DR - please........
or do I have to "go out"?????

jwampler@gte.ne

Oct 21, 2002
The city of Tampa is going crazy. The Raiders dont have a chance. Gruden wrote the playbook for the Raiders and he knows it inside and out. It's going to be one hell of a game. I think the score will be Bucs 31 Raiders 7. A total blowout.
I can hardly wait.
Jack Go Buc's

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!

[email]jwampler@gte.ne[/email] said:
The city of Tampa is going crazy. The Raiders dont have a chance. Gruden wrote the playbook for the Raiders and he knows it inside and out. It's going to be one hell of a game. I think the score will be Bucs 31 Raiders 7. A total blowout.
I can hardly wait.
Jack Go Buc's

Can we bet?

Give me the 23 points and I'll bet you anything you want.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
What sport is this again? Oh yeah, "American Football".
I hear you get to be world champions if you win?
What happened to all those other games in other parts of the world?

Sounds more like "Super Arrogant" than the "Super Bowl".

Hehehehe... bring it on!

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Take your "cricket" and "stickit"!

Oh for the love of god, here comes the pitiful "cricket" and "futbol" arguments.

I need one of those cute icon's that throws up on itself.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Robert said:
What sport is this again? Oh yeah, "American Football".
I hear you get to be world champions if you win?
What happened to all those other games in other parts of the world?

Sounds more like "Super Arrogant" than the "Super Bowl".

What games are you talking about, Robert? The ones played by boys and girls of all ages in other parts of the world? Cricket, for example? Just the name tells you volumns about the "game" and the effetes who play it.

It is right and fitting that the winners be crowned World Champions? If there is a team in another part of the world, let it come forward and make its challenge.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Ken said:

It is right and fitting that the winners be crowned World Champions? If there is a team in another part of the world, let it come forward and make its challenge.

As if they would be allowed to make a challenge :)
Then again, maybe it might come from one of those baseball or basketball playing countries? Oh, I forgot, they are also excluded from the "USA World Championships" :)

"True" World Champions come from "true" World Championships.
e.g. Brazil (Football), Italy (F1), Australia (Cricket) etc etc etc...

How about some definitions of World Champions?
I always thought that it meant competing with teams from other countries?

I always love this debate, coz it's so one sided... bring it on!

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Just for the record the Super Bowl is the Name of the NFL Championship game. They do not call it the "World Championship"! But they should! Is there any country that could even compete with even one of our College teams.
Now don't you cannucks say Canada because most of the Canadian Football league players are from the US!
BTW Raiders 31 the Tampons 10

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Tony C - It's not about if they could compete, it's about giving the opportunity to compete...

Raiders, "USA Champions", now that the rest of the planet could live with :)

I always love this debate, coz it's so one sided... bring it on!

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
All it takes is for some guy to come up with enough money and I am sure the NFL would gladly add a Team from another country into the NFL! So the opportunity is there. In Fact there is talk of the NFL moving a Franchise to Mexico City. But who would play for them? Mexicans?

Yes this Debate is one sided. Your side is sinking fast.