When to visit DR

mariewhitehead

Jan 26, 2003
I am looking to book a holiday for 2 weeks to the DR, not sure what resort to pick or when to go. can anybody give me some advice? Was looking to go in May or June, is this a good time?
Thanks
Marie
From the UK

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Give us some idea of the type of vacation you are looking for and I'm sure we can help. Beach, adverture, guys, bars, nightlife etc etc etc.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
What he said!, and if it is Guys, does it include loud fat ugly Americans who just like to eat, drink, have sex for ten minutes and then fart for the rest of the night?

This question is not for me of course but for a friend.

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
What do you want to explore?

There are several main areas that tourists go to that are located on the beach(La Romana, Punta Cana, Puerto Plata, Juan Dolio, Boca Chica, etc). I personally like going to the capital for sightseeing since I like architecture and history and stay at Boca Chica for the beach and nightlife, about 30minutes from the capital. The capital doesn't have public beaches and another mainly AI resort area is Juan Dolio just a little farther than BC to the capital. The north has mountains and more diverse terrain than the south. What do you want to explore(culture, historical sites, architecture, various terrains, water activities, nightlife, etc)? What activities do you like? Be more specific and you can get more information or you can search the archives here or on a search engine. I have been in the DR at the end of May and was excellent. Anytime is a good time to go:cool:
dale7

Last edited: