Strike???

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
Golo,

I read something today (on Hoy) about the Hippo getting a surprise in February...something about a strike. What truth is there to this and if this is really going to happen what do you think will be the outcome and what impact will it have on the current government?

Thanks in advance,

DR_DEFENDER

Apr 26, 2002
Receta

My list of things to buy next week:

12 used tires
5 gallons gasoline
50 road spikes
10 empty 50 gallon drums
500 rounds 9mm ammunition
Kevlar vest
Face paint
Baseball bat

I won't have to buy the rocks, empty rum bottles or rags. They're free. What a country!

Seriously, I hear that February 4 will not be a fun day for anyone. I asked a policeman friend about it, and he referred to it as "revolution day". That's no doubt an exhageration. Still, if you're in the DR that day, be prepared to spend it inside.

S

Stephen

Every day there's a strike somewhere in the DR. Yesterday there was a strike in at least Puerto Plata where all the buses decided to tie up the main road to protest the high gasoline prices. The police told them to move and when they didn't the captain ordered the police to stab all the bus tires. This was early in the morning and by mid afternoon there were still buses on the side of the road having their tires fixed. Strikes get absolutely nothing done here. What happened yesterday??? Nobody got rides, traffic was snarled, the bus drivers had a day off and it cost them money to repair their tires.

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
I suppose you're right but maybe a national strike will get the attention of the outside media and maybe then this phony government will pay attention. I really hope there is a mayor strike...I wouldn't like to see people get hurt but something has to be done........and soon!

DR_DEFENDER

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
Geez.....I'm sorry if I'm not able to get the attention of the masses with my posts but does everyone not care about this or is it that no one has any useful information on this matter. I really would like to know if there is going to be something big on the 4th of Feb. or not. So, that being said if anyone can add anything in details please do so cause I'm anxious. Thank you.

DR_DEFENDER

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Asked a Dominican friien abouut it and she said yyes...something is going to happen. She told me to stock up on canned goods. But as she was saying all the bad stuff that happened in the past she did not seem worried about what is to happen on the 4th. Soo I have no clue. Will let you know on the 4th whats happening. If I can get fotos they will be on my foto sites

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
A quemar goma se ha dicho!!!!!!!! My goodness, it's gonna have to go back to the old way of paying Hubieres off so he won't do anything and even then it was Perez Figueredo that was starting all that crap. Man ese si era aceitoso, he even permed his hair and all, just like Corporan.....