Updates?

Negro Lindo

Dec 26, 2002
How about an update for anyone who has applied for any type of visa for dominicans to leave DR? SNUFFY? Anyone?

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
You couldn't make the get together at the Jaragua, because you were being held prisoner in Boca Chica against your will by 2 lovely lady's. Now you are back state-side and you post this question.

I got a ? for you.

Is it Love??? Did you find your soul-mate?? Come on tell the truth!

Tim H.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You will find a lot in the archives on this, Negro Lindo, none of which will be encouraging. For someone to get a visa to the US, they must have some compelling reason to return to the DR when visa expires. The office manager of our condo complex and her husband, a teacher, got their visa to go to US to visit relatives only by leaving their children with a relative in the DR.

Negro Lindo

Dec 26, 2002
I don't know if I believe in soul-mates or anything like that. It's just that I got to visit my friends and I would like to have them come here once or twice.
I checked the archives and read a lot, there were some people who made posts but haven't said anything since about how things are going, I was just wanting to know "que fue?"
My story is still in progress and you won't hear it until I'm finished......... Sorry Timex.

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
If you sereus

Last I heard, they can buy their Visa through the U.S. Embassy, for $ 80,000. Pesos.
Or $ 3200. US dollars. COD and 1 day.

A friend of ours left last week. Male, 23 y/o, no assets, or attachments. From what I undestand, it's pretty common.

Tim H.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Timex That is a very serious accusation. I would suggest that you be extremely sure of this since the US comes down hard on false accusations, as I am sure you would know. I do not believe for one second that for RD$80,000 you can get a visa.

Lots of people say this but I still have not seen proof of it. If you have it (proof) report it to the Consulate, please..

HB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Hillbilly said:
Timex That is a very serious accusation. I would suggest that you be extremely sure of this since the US comes down hard on false accusations, as I am sure you would know. I do not believe for one second that for RD$80,000 you can get a visa.

I agree, Hillbilly. I'm tempted to send it to someone to be investigated. Timex presents it as fact, not rumor, claiming to know someone who bought a visa. It cries out for investigation to determine whether this is official policy, the act of a crook in the consulate, or a false accusation.

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Yeah, I said the same thing.

But the truth is a real eye-opener.:confused:

The facts are, a guy I know, who went through the proper channels after almost 9 months, he showed me the application, and he was Denied. Then asked if I would fill out a sponsorship application, I said NO Thank You. He is, Male 23 Y/O, nothing to come back for.

Then, low and behold 2 weeks later, his whole family is celebrating. I asked him, what was up, and he told me, and showed me his visa.

I said God Dam! God Bless you, I wish you luck.
On His way with a Bonafide Visa.

I asked around, and was told point blank, if you got the dinero, it can defiantly be done!
His father had to sell his car, and the family, all contributed something to him.

We are not talking fake documents. I seen my fair share in the Military, to know. I thought about saying something to somebody, but remember, I'm a guest here. and whether I like it or not, there will be VERY LITTLE anybody could do for me and my family, for going thru the trouble of interrupting somebody's cash flow.

This is one of those taboo topics, if you know people in the Capital, ask around, they will tell you, it can be done. Since everybody kind of heard about it, allot of people WANT TO BELIVE, it just B.S..

The most troubling thing was, the same signature that denied the 1st time, approved the 2nd time.

As far as I?m concerned, this is none of my business.

Would you report something like this, knowing that this ex-policman, who did nothing all day long and got paid 5000, pesos a month, is going to be deported back here??
Remeber, Very Few things are truly kept confidential.
Thats based on PAST EXPERIENCE with my own Government.

Thanks
Tim H.

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Thanks guys!!

Up all nite thinking, Should I, or not, drop that dime!!!!!!!!

I'll let you know!

Tim H.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Timex said:
Up all nite thinking, Should I, or not, drop that dime!!!!!!!!

Tim, if it were me, I believe that I would. What would motivate me would be the concern that at a time when the US is redoubling its efforts to screen those entering the US that an employee of the US Consulate/Embassy is selling visas to anyone who has the money.

And if this is going on in the DR, where else?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
A very serious allegation is being made, that could ultimately impact the lives of many people.

Dropping the dime is fine, you just need to support this with 100% irrefutable evidence.

If you can't, I personally would let "sleeping dogs lie" as that dog could come back and bite you harder and in places you never imagined.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Robert said:
Dropping the dime is fine, you just need to support this with 100% irrefutable evidence.

If you can't, I personally would let "sleeping dogs lie" as that dog could come back and bite you harder and in places you never imagined.

I agree, Robert. But in response to the posts by Hillbilly and myself, he seemed to indicate he had that proof. If he does, we believe it should be reported. If he doesn't, it never should have been mentioned in the first place.

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
I have also heard of others being able to buy visa through the consulate. I personally don't know of anybody but the rumors fly around.

I know of several people who have made it to the the U.S. via Mexico that didn't get U.S. Visa. And while denouncing this person might seem like the right thing to do, I can guarentee that more people are coming via Mexico than through bought visas at the consulate, and I would focus more on board security than ruining the lives of this one family.

Because as Robert said it could come back and bite you, especially if you have confianza with this family and person.

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
I made the call.

Now lets see if I regret it later on.

The end result, the last time I got involved in something like this, was HUMILiATING!

1999, my Book Keeper/ Human Resource Manager walks into my office and shows me a letter from Social Security. 43 out of 82 employees, had a problem with their SS #. The letter instructed us, that we had to notify the employee, That there is a discrepancy with the Social Security Number provided by them. And also in the letter was a carefully worded warning, that I, ( the company) alone would be liable if any action stemming from this notice resulted in a termination of that employee.

After a call and a fax to my attorney, This is what he came back with.
You being notified by SS, that there is a problem with the SS# reported by some of your employees. You by law, have to notify them accordingly. I?m sending you a master form to use for each person. Once it?s signed, put it in their folder and forget about it. If INS comes in, just show them the notice signed by them, you?re covered. But if they feel threaten or discriminated against, you are responsible for the liability?s not SS.

I understood and had no problem following his recommendation. Then the 2nd half of our conversation. This was a common situation, the computer at SS, automatically kicks these numbers out, and they send the notice out to you to cover their backside because more often than not, the SS# being used by Illegal Aliens, are original SS# belonging to people who now are deceased. I hung up the phone, and called a couple of other people, with their own company. We were all getting these letters, and we were all being told to do the same thing.

I sat there and got excited about the fact that SS, was getting all of this money, on people they would never have to pay a benefit claim on again, same for State and Federal wage taxes. So I called and wrote letters with photo-copy?s of the original SS notice, to all Government Offices, one would send these things to. After getting all kinds of nice reply?s, I sent them to tax watchdog groups, the local papers.

Then one day, just like the movie, 2 MIB show up, receptionist tells me, she put 2 INS people, in the conference room. I go in, sit down, and listened to them, about how I was interfering with ongoing investigations, that if I continued to bring attention to this problem that they were already handling, I might receive more than I bargained for. It was explained to me, what the Full Resources of the Government, means. I told them I would co-operate a 100%.

I never told anybody else in the group of owners who got together once a month for our Molders Guild meetings, but imagine the feeling I had when one person came up to me and told me that same thing happened to her, only difference was they saw me 1st, and TOLD her how I was co-operating.

I let it go, and to this day have never heard a word about this issue.

Thanks
Tim H.

Last edited:

chrisxy

Jan 23, 2003
Oh oooh!

Really
Timex: you better should have kept your mouth shut in an open Message Board

HB & Others: Why report? You haven't got a proof not anything that unprooves it, just leave it like it is. Reporting it like it is right now will bring more trouble to everybody (and to a lot of people wich have nothing to do with it) than it would help.

Timex: Just think before you post

Have fun, all of you

Chris:cool:

Last edited:

MiG_flyer

May 7, 2003
Timex... whew!

First I must say that I am by no means a big time web surfer. I found this great forum just in casual consideration (and www investigation) of Spanish language schools and host countries. Having sailed in the Carib many times during the 70s and 80s I always have an interest (and love) for this great part of the world.

But Jeez - I have to confess a good deal of admiration, and concern, for you Timex. This business of purchased visas is nasty and serious. Dropping the dime, as you say, is probably the right thing to do (who can really say - everything happens for a reason), but to announce on this or any forum....

As a rule forums generally become a relatively tight conversational group. It seems as though the same people answer, and the (subconcious, I think) impression becomes that this interaction is somehow semi-private. Well, I am in a three-stoplight town in the middle of the Colorado mountains, and as I said no great computer hack, and I found this info easily.

Make no mistake, in light of this 9/11 business and more recently the horrible John Lee Malvo stuff with his Carib background you can be absolutely assured that these communications are monitored. I know, Malvo had nothing to do with DR but to those in the US security biz the Carib is the Carib... all painted with the same brush in some respects. Timex, please follow the advice of your friends and be careful. If a casual user like me in the middle of nowhere runs across this, who else? Not a perfect world yet by any stretch.

Having said that, my kudos to you for your forthright communications. If only the 1st Amendment was a worldwide reality! I'm proud to have joined your forum and really look forward to a visit to the DR.

Now, who do I talk to for good first-timer advice?