help me on my divorce papers

lenie75

Mar 6, 2003
someone by the name of patria amancio f de reyes in nigua sancristobal
did my divorce in 1996
a couple of days ago someone told me that for my divorce to be final they are supposed to put an add in the news paper..
Is this true?
And how can I verify that my papers are true and not false papers?
PL email me at lenie.ea@verizon.net

with your reply
thank you for ur time

hansbert

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 1, 2002
linguisticservices.aio-world.net
A divorce must be published in a national newspaper

It is true that according to Dominican law a divorce to be valid has to be published. The points of the sentence have to be published in a dayly paper sold in the whole country.

lenie75

Mar 6, 2003
help

is there any way to look it up in the internet and is there any way that fabian can look at my papers to see if they are valid?

lenie75

Mar 6, 2003
can u recomend

can u tell me how can i get someone to look up the divorece in the dominican rep. with out me having to go there>?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
YOu can find out

First off, post all of your question in one place, okey?

Secondly, I am sure that if you consult somewone like Fabio from this board, he can help you with great precision.

I am sure that you don't have to come here to find out if yu have been divorced...

HB

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
The lack of publication does not void a divorce. The Dominican Supreme Court has stated in at least two occasions that a divorce is final with its pronouncement ("pronunciamiento") at the Oficial?a de Estado Civil. The penalty for not publishing the divorce is just a fine, not the nullity of the divorce.

S

Stephen

Time Period for Publication

Fabio, if the pronouncement ("pronunciamiento") has been filed at the Oficial?a de Estado Civil, but the final publication was not done, how much time does someone have to publish it in the newspaper after it was filed with the Oficialia de Estado Civil?