This is the first time I have "DELETED" a Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
and it feels really BAD!...Probably because I was disappointed in several people who I thought knew better!But not as bad as letting some peoples idea of humorous pictures have a home on the General Stuff forum.To those who rose to the "Bait" I can understand,but as I got deeper into the "Responses",and then the "responses to the responses" it was clear that this was going to Hell in a Handbasket"! Sorry for the "Collateral Damage"!

It has been stated "ad nausium" by Robert,and the "Mod Squad"that DR1 will never be a forum for taking sides in International Politics"

Now."Own Rules" has stated that he Moderates,or is the Webmaster of a World Political Forum,or some such board.Give us the "Address" and then you can all take it over there please!

Even I could not believe THAT picture!

DamnYankee

Feb 9, 2003
What picture? what thread?.....Damn, all the good stuff gets closed or deleted before I can touch um!!!

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Damn Yankee

You dont want to see the picture.It was sacreligious and tasteless.
Larry

Last edited:

OwnRules

Dec 26, 2002
twitter.com
NOTE: I am responding here since the other thread was closed and I felt a response to jazzcom's insults was warranted. Beyond that, I am again offering my own forum to debate this issue at lenght.

jazzcom said:
This is just what I mean. A perfect example of someone that should be yanked out of the boards maybe until he can read and put two correct thoughts together. He isn't able to get one thing straight.

Then people debate his silly post and then "AZB" defends him and then of course the thread is closed. The rest of us lose, the silly person who can't even follow a simple thread is happy and of course so is AZB.

This is a perfect example of what this thread is all about and only reinforces my opinion and the case I was trying to make.

Edited to add:
No posts were deleted but I hope that they pull your handle to teach you a lesson on understanding how to read.

Right -- because they should run, not walk, to the "ban" button if anyone dare present a political view that differs from your own. And how do you think I've come to know what your views, Ken's, Golo's, TonyC's and any number of other rightwing posters are to begin with? That's right, oh mighty brainiac, because you've repeatedly spouted them off in any number of posts on this board! So drop the righteous attitude, it's more than a tad hypocritical.

I'll say it again in case you missed it the first time. I have toed the line and refrained from making any political comments up until now -- in fact, I have gone on record and offered my own forum for those that would like to debate political issues in depth. But upon reading your own damn political post on that particular thread, I felt a harsh rebuttal was in order. They say a picture is often worth a thousand words but from your indignant reaction I'd say this one is worth a few more -- BTW, the original shot was taken from the current NEWSWEEK cover story which focuses on the possible influence on policy of the religious views held by Bush and some of the most influencial members of his cabinet. Great read.

Anyhow, care to debate this issue in depth? Then quit whining and flinging insults and let's go at it:

World Politics

Edited to add pertinent Newsweek link

Last edited:

OwnRules

Dec 26, 2002
twitter.com
Re: Damn Yankee

Larry (ILoveDR) said:
You dont want to see the picture.I was sacreligious and tasteless.
Larry

No, it was not. Get over yourself. It was poignant satire used to underscore the hypocritical use of religion to advance this war.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Ow Rules..you are wrong here

And why do you think I know what your views, Ken's, Golo's, TonyC's and any number of rightwing posters are? That's right, brainac, because you've repeatedly spouted them off in any number of posts on this board! So drop the righteous attitude, it's more than a tad hypocritical. --OwnRules

The reason why you know their views is because the are smart enough to sugarcoat them with the (Dominian) topic at hand.We all know that a purely political post will get deleted.

Larry

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's astounding - but,

I never thought I'd see Criss Colon extending the frontiers of political correctness.

Racism, Sexism, Sexual Explicitness, Misogyny, Personal Insults, are allowed, in fact at times practically OBLIGATORY, but to poke fun at Religion (or in this case, Abuse of Religion)... oh no, we can't have that.

Chiri

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
As a moderator I have to defend Criss's right to moderate/edit/delete/blow with dinamite any thread/post that doesn't comply with the rules. And in this and all other forums rule no. 1 is "no non-DR related content".

BUT, as a poster in the forum HE moderates I cannot but disagree with the policy of tolerating one's points of view and not tolerating the dissenting views. So, I'd like to suggest that NO post on this is tolerated to be fair. I haven't been to Ownrules's forum but if anyone of you do want to discuss the whole thing I can go there and we may do it at your heart's content, but in the meantime I suggest that we ALL respect our host's rules.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I agree with Pib. I pledge that from now on I will do my best to respect the DR-related content rule.

Now let's get back to some really relevant and tasteful discussion like the one about whether or not we shave our pubes.

Chiri

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Chirimoya said:
Now let's get back to some really relevant and tasteful discussion like the one about whether or not we shave our pubes.

Who will be the first to put a picture in the media gallery?

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Chirimoya

Chiri

Sorry about the one line post on my part but that was areally funny one Chirimoya.LMAO.
Larry

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
Ken said replying to Chirimoya....."Who will be the first to put a picture in the media gallery?"

If allowed, i'll be happy to post my ex's (pube area) with no political or religious ideals attached even though she never visited DR (had to say DR to stay within forum rules).

tondra

Dec 12, 2002
www.professionalsintouch.com
"Sacreligious" picture

OwnRules--

I missed the thread described, but checked out the "offending" picture. I thought it was quite funny. In fact, I am still chuckling. In tense times, it is good to keep our sense of humor and tolerance.

Thanks for the chuckle,

Tondra

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
1) I thought the picture was funny
2) It is not DR related, that is all.
3) Own Rules' site is cool and worth bookmarking for political discussions other than DR politics
4) Chire: THAT was funny!!...

HB

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
[b]Larry (ILoveDR)[/b] said:
You dont want to see the picture.It was sacreligious and tasteless.
No more tasteless and sacrilegious than the many Jesus and God jokes we've seen in the Clown bin. Obviously it is not the precense of Jesus in the picture that makes it tasteless.

[B]jazzcom[/B] said:
Some people just don't get it. Maybe it should be described in simple drawings for the reading disabled.
I agree.

And now back to our regular programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.