*** War Threads ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
People that start threads that are related to war and that do not have a VERY strong Dominican slant will have their accounts locked until Saddam Hussein is no longer in power. You work it out, could be a week, could be a year?

Let me add, this includes the "Clown Bin". If it's not funny and just a sly attempt to post something relating to Saddam you will suffer the same fate.

I'm getting sick and tired of telling people and deleting posts etc.

Don't say you wasn't warned...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
jazzcom said:
Golo's thread had a DR slant and that was closed.

Why was it closed? Because it fell apart, it had nothing to do with the original post made by Golo.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
DR1ers politics board

If I had the know-how I would create a simple message board for dr1ers(exclusively) to discuss politics.If anyone knows how to create such,let me know and we can easily alleviate this problem by directing future political discussions there.I think we need it.Its tough logging on here and hinting at our views while not being able to fully express them.
Larry

Last edited:

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
We have been invited more than once to join Ownrules at his forum (which is much larger than DR1 I must say) to discuss world issues if we so fancy. I don't know how many DR1ers have done it.

This is the link in case you missed it.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Pib

I know about the forum Own Rules belongs to.I just think that if we created a forum exclusively for DR1ers it would be more enjoyable.If I were to join Own Rules forum a ton of people who I have never seen post before would be replying to what I post and I just feel that if we had a message board we could keep within the DR1 "family"..it would be more enjoyable because we would know the people posting beforehand.We would have an idea of who we are speaking to instead of replying to a bunch of "strangers".We could use our DR1 screennames.You wouldnt see posters trying to "slip" their views in here anymore .When anyone tries to create a political thread on here Robert could just post the link to the "politics board" and lock the thread.Just a thought.
Larry

Last edited:

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
I am willing to join OW's board if others DR1ers do, however I don't think I want to participate in a forum with maybe 5 people from DR1 repeating what we all know. I already know where most of us stand on this issue. Besides, I think that one should be able to stand scrutiny as well as learn something from others, so a larger forum could be a good thing.

Still, I am a bit reluctant to do so as I actively participate in another forum and 3 is a bit too much for me to keep up with.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
this bravenet forum is one of several created by a group of DR1 posters who wished to discuss matters that did not meet DR1 guidelines. it has not seen much action recently, but is always open to political debate.

mob :classic:

bobnoxious

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 2, 2002
DR1 News

Why don't you similarly edit the DR1 News, so that we don't have to hear about Dominican war sentiment and consequently be baited into a response or comment you find objectionable?

I thought the forums were a place to discuss all the content presented on this board. This double standard is confusing and your enforcement is arbitrary and capricious. The "golden children" slip past the gates while the rank and file are stepped on.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Pib

Own Rules forum has repeatedly been offered to us but apparently not many have gone there or have checked it out and decided not to participate.People here still try and slip their views in here because they want to discuss these topics with other DR1ers and not a bunch of strangers.If this war materializes it is all anyone will want to discuss for a while.I am just trying to offer a simple solution because apparently directing people to Own Rules forum does not work.I'll refrain from posting politics on here regardless.
Larry

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
mobroser

Ok mobroser..that looks like a good overture.That board looks quiet enough for us to hop on. Own Rules board is already in full swing and a little too wild for me.
Larry

I even went through the trouble of posting the first post :).It is something that was sent to me by jazzcom.Very long but very interesting.I cant post a link.Just click on the bravenet link posted above by mobrowser and bookmark it if you want to join.
Larry

Last edited:

OwnRules

Dec 26, 2002
twitter.com
For the record.

It strikes me as the epitome of hypocrisy that the rightwing bullies who continually try to make the DR1 a sounding board for their biases would express so much fear of expressing their ideas in an open environment where people can actually fight back with no fear of censorship or intimidation.

Then again, perhaps that's exactly what they are afraid of -- that their ideas won't stand up to scrutiny. Much easier to stay in the circle jerk and attempt to get coy by posting in "jest."

On the positive side, I was glad to see Robert stand up to the transparently 'deceptive' tactic.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
own rules

LOL.Own Rules,I am just trying to offer a solution because your forum didnt attract a lot of us.Bulling or fear or any of the things you said has nothing to do with it.I am just trying to help.
Larry

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
A politics forum is not going to happen, just like a religious one. The Internet offers a wealth of outlets that are sounding boards for peoples political and religious views, use them.

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Amen Robert,

become a priest or run for office but spare me well crafted verbage about god and government.

bobnoxious

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 2, 2002
You, Robert, skirt my questions...

So I can only presume that you intend to keep publishing inflamatory DR1 news articles about war sentiment, while continuing to impede social comment.

That's OK. I guess that we should stick to threads about butthole licking and snatch shaving...far more socially redeaming than discussing current social climate for Americansn in the DR.

Please refer to my new thread, Anal Sex in the DR, for my contribution to this ever so informative and socially conscious board.

Re: DR1 News

bobnoxious said:
Why don't you similarly edit the DR1 News, so that we don't have to hear about Dominican war sentiment and consequently be baited into a response or comment you find objectionable?

The DR1 news is stuff that is DR related, it is the government of this country that is about to vote against a war. Now that relates to the DR. There have been other posts that were not deleted that asked the question "how will a war <b>affect</b> travel etc in the DR.

Status
Not open for further replies.