DOM passport

nitewired

Mar 15, 2003
Hello. I'm U.S. Citizen. Over the pass several months I have visited Dominican Republic often due to my girl friend is Dominican. I've spent a lot of time with her family, and now basically I'm part of the family. It is now time for to meet mine. Here's the question. How do we get a DOM. passport for her to travel to the states. Neither of us have a clue where to get started. Please help.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The hard part is not getting a DOM passport for her, but to get a US visa that permits her to visit the US. It is more likely that your parents will meet her if they come to the DR to do so.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
nitewired said:
Hello. I'm U.S. Citizen. Over the pass several months I have visited Dominican Republic often due to my girl friend is Dominican. I've spent a lot of time with her family, and now basically I'm part of the family. It is now time for to meet mine. Here's the question. How do we get a DOM. passport for her to travel to the states. Neither of us have a clue where to get started. Please help.

Maybe Mr. DeLuise will lend you his. Presuming you mean a DR or Dominican Republic passport despite its almost total lack of usefulness it is remarkably easy to get through the normal channels, - application form, pictures, cedula, etc.

Ken is bang on, the chances of her getting a visitors visa to come and see you are slim and none and Slim left town a long time ago.

If you are serious about the vamily meeting scenario, bring yours down - in addition to being very easy ( e.g. no visa) they'd probably like to see the country, the family, how they live etc.

Hope you all speak some Spanish.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
[B]ricktoronto[/B] said:
Maybe Mr. DeLuise will lend you his. Presuming you mean a DR or Dominican Republic passport despite its almost total lack of usefulness it is remarkably easy to get through the normal channels, - application form, pictures, cedula, etc.
I don't remember any application form... maybe for the first one? It was very long ago that I got my first one but I still can't remember any application form. Oh well, I could be senile. C?dula (I.D.), acta de nacimiento (birth certificate), pictures.

But as others said... If she wasn't able to get a visa on her own, chances are slimmer if she says that she's visiting her boyfriend. To get a visa she must have proof of a solid economic situation here (nothing like rich, just good enough not to want to leave the country and whatever she has here). Good luck.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Passports can be easily obtained at any of the many passport offices in the country (Santo Domingo, Santiago, San Francisco de Macoris, Puerto Plata, Las Americas Airport, etc.) For a first passport, a true copy of the applicant's birth certificate is required. You do have to fill out an application form and hand in passport pictures. Time to get the passport is about a week. There is an express, more expensive, service whereby you can get your passport the same day.