Is May a rainy month?

crazy_4_u_l

Mar 15, 2003
I heard that May was a rainy month? Is it? I have never gone to DR in May... always between dec.-jan or else june/july...
May the same?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
There used to be definite rainy and dry periods. But in recent years, this has not been the case. Weather patterns aren't nearly as reliable these days as they used to be, not only in the DR, but throughout the world.

There are more likely to be occasional periods of heavy rain later in the summer when tropical waves and depressions are passing through the area. If you get rain during your May vacation, it is not likely to spoil your trip. Most likely it will be a late afternoon or evening shower.

crazy_4_u_l

Mar 15, 2003
weather

ok great. Thats what I thought. Cuz I know I can never rely on the weather network.. cuz usually their rain only lasts not long.. but other times can last a long time.. but we'll just hope for the best! only time I've gotten rain was at night time, so thats ok!
Thanks for ur reply!

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
last year

I was in sosua last year at the end of May/early June.Rained a few days and when it did it was HEAVY.Heaviest most voilent rain I have ever seen didnt last all day though.
Larry