PPH = DOA for Dominican economy

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
I don't believe Hipolito will ultimately enter a re-election campaign but the mere threat of it could further erode the country's economic prospects.

Amber

Jan 24, 2003
well..

I recall a comment I heard at a political rally during the last presidential campaign.. Someone from the current presiden?s party said to me, ?we can sign up the town nut on the ballot and he will win becasue the masses are trained to do as we say..etc..?I didn?t believe him until the votes were counted.. Same person told me a few days ago that the man is THE candidate and is sure he will win because they have the Junta Central... I am not laughing at this one.. Not after taking a look at Balaguer?s consecutive reelections and noticing that he had control of the junta..:confused:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"HE" is going to run!!!!!!!

He is wavering from his "Promise" not to run.He will run! Lets just hope he doesn't win! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
It appears to have gone from bad to worse

Hipolito admitted he is behind the PPH organization. The admission strikes me as a non-event.

It seems to me that El Calvo (apologies to Rubby Perez) is testing the waters to see how much influence he can wield over the election, even if he doesn't win. Meanwhile, the peso is approaching record lows...