Great Activity for Playa Dorada Visitors

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I just learned of an evening activity intended for Playa Dorada visitors that I don't recall ever reading about on this message board. It is said to be something that tour company representatives seldom tell their clients about because there is no commission for them.

The activity is a bar-hop excursion provided by the Cafecita restaurant in the Harrrison jewelry plaza, located on the other side of the highway from the Playa Dorada complex. The cost of the excursion is US$30/person.

A bus leaves the restaurant at 9pm in the evening and takes the participants to Sosua. From 9-11pm, they can visit the bars along main street. At 11pm, the bus moves on to Cabarete, where participants can enjoy the bars there. It departs at 1am, carrying participants back to their hotels in Playa Dorada. Anyone wanting to stay longer and get back on their own must sign a paper absolving the excursion operator of all responsibility.

The price includes the bus transportation, a free drink in Sosua and Cabarete, and the guides who accompany the group.

I'm told that to get on the list for the evening, you must contact the Cafecita restaurant (reservations necessary so they will know how many buses are needed), and must be at the restaurant at the designated time prior to deparature of the bus.

Sounds to me as though it would be a great activity for visitors looking action in the evening.

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Ken - you, barb, doug and I will have to try that one next time! LOL

god, it starts about the time we're going to bed!

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Sounds to me like the person running the excursion can make pretty good money with little overhead.Think of how much you could rake in if you got 8 or 10 people per night to go.Good example of how a simple idea could bring in nice easy $$.

Larry

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
JanH said:
Ken - you, barb, doug and I will have to try that one next time! LOL

god, it starts about the time we're going to bed!

Yes, but your dad will have a wonderful time. He can tell us all about it the next day.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Yeah .... Get 3 or 4 people together & ask for a BIG discount. Heck, if you are going on your own - ask for a discount!! A taxi to Sosua/Cabarete & back will only cost you RD $500 - That's US $20!! Take four in the taxi & that's US $5 per person leaving another US $25 each for "Other" entertainment!!!!

One correction Ken, unless the place has changed it's name, I think you refer to Cafe Cito run by Tim Hall!! - Grahame.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
BushBaby said:
One correction Ken, unless the place has changed it's name, I think you refer to Cafe Cito run by Tim Hall!! - Grahame.

You must be right about the name, Grahame. It is the one run by Tim Hall. I learned about it verbally and didn't see the name in writing.

Regarding price, etc., you can probably do it for less with a group on your own. But for all the people in those AI's in Playa Dorada who are under the impression it is dangerous to leave the complex, seems to me that this is a great opportunity for them to get out and enjoy the local nightlife, secure in the knowledge they have transportation and guides who will keep them out of trouble.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Sounds like fun

For someone travelling alone, it sounds like a great idea! I know many people in the area who I can go out with, but I might be tempted to do this trip one night anyway.

Of course I will ask for (and get) a discount.

Anyone want to go with me???

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Ken said:
Yes, but your dad will have a wonderful time. He can tell us all about it the next day.

Ken - well you're right. dad stays up about an hour later than us - but he doesn't work either!! (BTW - he's still insisting on renting a scooter - god!)