Cabarete locals need advice for Punta Cana/Bavaro Beach resorts

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
Hi guys,

this is Marina from Cabarete with the kitesurfing school. We are heading to the East side of the island on Tuesday morning to see if we can find some new kitesurfing spots. I know that side is only all inclusives. We are not into big partying, discos, shows or anything. Just want a nice place to stay, tranquillo, that does not cost a fortune. Any recommendations? Can anybody give me a clue as to what hotel costs are over there for dbl occ? I am seeing prices for $170/night!

thx,

Marina

maggiemay

Aug 31, 2002
Hi,
I live in POP but work down in Punta Cana frequently, both these hotels are clean and simple in central areas. The Cortesito Inn, prices are about $30 - US$40.00 it's basic accommodation, AP not AI, tell them you are a local and they give it to you cheaper. Another hotel would be the Cayacoa (I can't remember if thats how you spell it) which is cheaper at only RD$450.00 a night, nothing included. It's situated close to the Plaza Bavaro.
There are a couple of kite surfers down here already so there must be some good spots for it.
The Cayacoa is nicer than the Cortesito Inn but I prefer the location of the Cortesito Inn
Maggie

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Best option for a non all-inclusive stay would be the Cortecito Inn. Tel.: 552-0639. Prices are US$30 to 50 per night including breakfest.

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
Thanks so much for your replies. Any idea of a non AI that has AC? How about recommendation for an AI, just in case? Any idea how much we'll be paying? Through research internet, I am getting $170/night rates! Is it perhaps better to go through a tour operator for better AI rates?

Thanks again!

marina/cabarete