parabola?

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
I'm still trying to get someone to come over and put a dish up for me:disappoin

S

Stephen

I pay.....

....and mine works fine. I have a friend in the US that doesn't and his works fine too......he has some kind of machine on the computer that resets the card.

getonwithit

Mar 17, 2003
socuban said:
I'm still trying to get someone to come over and put a dish up for me:disappoin

if you do get a dish put up, i think you?ll find it?s much better to have a card and pay a subscription at the moment.

it is probably cheaper than trying to get a card that opens up all channels - unless you are an expert in these kind of things.

i think i?ll do the same as stephen, get a new card and pay a monthly subscription.

read on dr1 a while ago, one thread about satellite dishes and people who had theirs working well......i wonder if they have problems now.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Direct TV: get the program where you have to buy the BS pay-per-view programs. In order to see the pay-per-view you have to actually go through the 3 simple steps of purchasing it. In reality, you are not purchasing a damn thing just a few steps to activate the channels. The rest of the channels work fine including all the movie channels ex: HBO, show time, cinamax etc etc. This is the only reliable program that stays up for as long as 3-4 months. The bad part is that you can only charge up 24 pay-per-views and then the card max's out. Then you would have to have it reprogrammed. If you don't buy all the BS pay-per-view movies then the card stays on for 3-4 months.

sjoekik

Feb 7, 2002
Can you guys get CNN ? I can't with our satellite dish. Not that it's the end of the world, it just bothers me that we can't get it.

S

Stephen

I get all stations

I get all the stations. Located in Puerto Plata. There is not one that I don't get. I have had the service for over 8 years.

S

Stephen

NO.................

why would I be "hit". I am assuming you think that I have an illegal card. I don't. I pay a monthly fee. My claim is that I have Direct TV, my dish is pointed correctly, and i get all the stations with no problem. That's it! No more, no less...

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
yes i presumed that indeed.
in your previous post you claim you get ALL the stations.
All stations to mean all channels.
That includes the pay per view.
and a whole lot of others .
you only get those on a hacked card.
youCANNOT get those on a monthhly fee as you claim.

So either you were hit. or you dont get all channels..

No more-no less.

S

Stephen

No, I get all the channels (stations)

I get all the station/channels (whatever anyone wants to call them) INCLUDING pay per view........................because...............since my main system is in the US and I pay the Mirrored price for this receiver (like being a second or third in the home) I get them all. It was activated in the US and then just moved, and a new dish added. Most of the people that I know here in Puerto Plata do it the same way.

As a matter of fact, many of the people that I know from the NY - CT area that also live in Florida do the same thing. The only difference being that they only need a second small dish, whereas I needed the bigger one here.

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
I just checked on the directv page
There is NO fee based service that includes all the pay per view.
there is no such option in Ct or florida or any where that you dont need to pay for ppv.
Where ever you activate. It does not exist.
Not on primarary service or mirrored service.
A service that includes PPV unlimited does not exist.

getonwithit

Mar 17, 2003
Jan said:
Is there Dish Network here?

i used to subscribe to dish network - with a florida address. i dumped it though, because i was offered a direct tv hacked card and system to see everything (had to re-align the dish as well). i don?t think that is possible with dish network.

i think they might have suspected something anyway, because some of the transponders were burnt out. i think they can deliberately burn them out if they believe something is fishy with the account (i.e. you receive service outside the u.s.).

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Paul

You're right 100% This guy doesn't know what he's talking about . I don't want to be rude but .....

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
getonwithit

Get on with it. Anything that works in the US works here (Satellite internet soon)

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Bottom line

Buy your service (Programming) with a US address and you will be on forever. You cannot buy PPV programming from Direct TV in the DR (Legally). Echostar (Yes). But you will have to pay when your limit has been reached. It's not the programmers it's the US Gov.