Tourist cards - is there more

hector

Apr 19, 2003
I'm off to DR at the end of next week.

I applied for a tourist card sending all the necessary bits to the embassy in London. I was expecting a completed card in return with photo attached and some sort of official stamp. Instead, all I got was a the blank tourist card and my photo returned.

Is this all there is to it? If so what do I do with the card (polite suggestions only please).

S

Stephen

That's It

.........all you have to do is fill it out with the basic information that it asks. You present it with your Passport at Immigration when you arrive. You don't have to be too detailed if you don't know the address of where you are staying etc. I have had people put "Stephen's house", as a joke, but it works, cause they can't read them anyway! Good luck. (By the way, since you didn't buy it at the airport there, you may have some jerk start telling you that the tourist card is a fake and they want you to buy another. Ask for a supervisor.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
If you hustle when you get off the plane you can avoid a long line the starts after the rest of the people buy their tourist cards when they arrive. Saves about 15 minutes if you walk fast from the plane to where they stamp your passport.

hector

Apr 19, 2003
I followed the guidlines on the Hispaniola web site, but I think the details are the same if you use the Dominican embassy phone service (09065-508945).

The price was ?8 but the card say it has a face value of $10, so at the current exchange rate of 1.64, I probably lost a couple of dollars on the deal.