First time In DR

sliverghost

May 22, 2003
Hello everyone,
Can anyone help me with making a choice in where to visit in the Dr for the first time.

I want to play golf, relax, get a tan, sightsee and party a little. I am also interested in possibly meeting some of the local women. I will be traveling as a single male.

Which would be better? Punta cana, Puerto Plata or boca Chica?

I appreciate any help! Tahnks!

Maybe Puerto Plata or Punta Cana........there's not golf courses in Boca Chica.....somebody can say: Juan Dolio is near Boca Chica...but is not Boca Chica....for the womens here in the DR there's a lot of womens everywhere...son you can go any place you want to find them....tan..fun...relax....all those are other ways to call the whole country....Have Fun!!..

GypsyGRL

Apr 26, 2003
Puerto Plata

If you are looking to have fun, Puerto Plata is the place to go. I had friends go to Punta Cana and they were bored out of their skull! They would never go back. I was in Puerto Plata in April and it has everything you need/ want or "desire"! I did not golf, however, there were golfers heading out constantly, so it couldn't be too bad. I got a great tan, was very relaxed and when I wanted to have a little fun, it was close at hand.
Have a great time!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Like Tim Allen once said:

"When you take the car out of the garage, be sure you have a car cover."

Puerto Plata area.

YOu can locate say in Cabarete or Sosua, very inexpensively. You have golf to the left (Fantastic Playa Grande-a masterpiece) and golf to the right (Playa Dorada ( a good layout that will test you--both are Robt. T. Jones courses)

Travelling to either is cheap. Green fees are moderate, and Playa Grande will go down as a WOW!!

Night life in the area from POP to Cabarete is active and Sosua and Cabarete , as well as the Playa Dorada complex of 13 hotels is also jumpin'

Sun Block is a must
Bug spray for golf course (with DEET)
Condoms for late night!

HB

sliverghost

May 22, 2003
Thanks to all for your help.

I have chosen Puerto Plata. I was leaning there before but now I am positive. I am Looking forward to a great time. Coming down out of Miami July 22-30

Staying at the Coral Marien By Hilton. Heard nothing but excellent reviews. Probably won't take full advantage of the all-inclusive because I like to get out and about, but I will get my money's worth and I'll have peace of mind, being connected to the Hilton franchise.

I am single, decent golfer in my early 40's. Anyone interested in playing? I like to have fun on the course and suck up the scenery.(and a few brews)

I am also interested in possibly meeting some of you locals for a Presidente. First round is on me.........check please, I learned that already! J/K

Anyway I am open minded and appreciate any pointers or help you all can give me.

Thanks again!

Chris

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Chris,
I think you maybe went to the wrong place for what you are looking for but hindsight is 20-20. I would have suggested another type of place that would have given you beauty, cleanliness, breakfast and for only 25 a night.

Any questions you have just ask. We are NOT shy.

sliverghost

May 22, 2003
name change

How embarrassing? I just realized after trying to log-in,I had a dyslexic moment. OK! I suck at typing!

Therefore I am changing to GreyGhost! See you there Please help me out!!

Sliverghost was supposed to be SilverGhost!! LOL :)O
Now I am GG

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sliver, silver or Gray---

Who cares? If you play golf, all is forgiven. Bush Baby, Cleef, and I love to golf. I suk, arthritis and old age; Bush is long and inconsistant; and Cleef, well, he is cleef...

We will be able to get a round or two in..

Let me marke those dates. Get in touch with Bush Baby to set it up.

HB

sliverghost

May 22, 2003
Golf outing

Hey Hillbilly,
Thanks for your reply, I have read some of your posts regarding golf outings. I was hoping to hook up with you. You sound like the type that I would enjoy playing golf with. I will try to contact Bush baby.

Looking forward to meeting you guys, maybe you guys can give me pointers on the local women. :)

BTW couldn't figure out how to edit my username so sliverghost it will be

Looking forward to a great vacation.:cool: :cool:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Right, the game is on!! The first at Playa Dorada to get in the swing of things - the second at Playa Grande with HB paying for the drinks!!!
Drop me a PM or e-mail Sliverman (Ghost or otherwise) & I'll drop you my Tel. No. for contact when you get here. Coral Marien is just up the road from my pad!!

One word of warning, it appears from someone who stayed there last week, that there is a thief about, breaking into the rooms. He lost a few hundred & a digital camera so most likely a fellow tourist, but be on the safe side & make sure things are kept close to you or in the hotel safety deposit box!! - Grahame.

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
Ghost, Try not to be "penny wise and dollar foolish", like someone that I know, and spend the $3.00 per day for the in room safe lock!!!!!!!
John:cry:

sliverghost

May 22, 2003
Safe

John,

I always make sure I have a safe in my room when I travel. I'm not worried about paying the $3.00 a day. It may come with my "Package" even though I believe the hotel charges the guests. Either way I will have one. Thanks anyway for the advice;)

sliverghost

May 22, 2003
Email address

Hey BushBaby,

Did you get the PM I sent you? I sent you my email address so you can contact me. You said you would give me your contact number for golf when I arrive in late July.

Do you need anything from the states? Maybe I can reciprocate the hospitality.

SG & GG :bunny:
Chris:cool:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hey Sliver

Good to see we will be getting together. I can answer for Grahame: Go to your local cigar/pipe store (JR's if they are close by) and get the biggest pouch of the cheapest pipe tobacco they sell. The stinkier, the better....

HB