Tejada

CMS

Jan 28, 2003
I friend of mine does charity work in the Bani area home of Miguel Tejada. On a recent visit there my friend was informed Tejada does nothing to support the local community. I don't know how accurate this is. Anyone out there have another side to this story?

CMS

Jan 28, 2003
Sorry

This was supposed to be part of the Dominican baseball player thread. My bad.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
CMS said:
I friend of mine does charity work in the Bani area home of Miguel Tejada. On a recent visit there my friend was informed Tejada does nothing to support the local community. I don't know how accurate this is. Anyone out there have another side to this story?

I have no clue if he does. Is he obligated to? Just because he is from their does that mean he has to pump money back? By not being involved there does that mean he is a bad guy?

CMS

Jan 28, 2003
The original post asked the question about players that do give back to the community. I just tried to answer the question from that post. I don't think he is a bad guy. It's his choice to do whatever he wants with his money. Personally, if I was planning on signing a 20 million dollar a year contract I might think about giving a little back much like Pedro. I don't think it's fair to judge without knowing all the facts.