Miss Dominican Republic at Miss Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Panama may not be the lucky site for our Amelia Vega, DRs contestant for Miss Universe. Her winning of the "best outfit" by designer Leonel Lirio may be a bad omen. She may have already won her prize. Most candidates who win minor awards never win the big one and have to console themselves with just that.

I may be totally wrong and Amelia may beat the odds, but in addition she has a big mountain to climb....Miss BRAZIL. The Brazilian girl is just as powerful as last years Russian unbeatable superwoman, who had to give up her crown due to a scandal.

In my opinion Brazil has the inside track and Miss Spain second.

Believe it or not, we have two Dominican girls in this contest. Miss U.S.A. is a daghter of Dominican parents and she looks the part. She is also a favorite, who will end up in the top 10 finalists.

Amelia has one thing going for her....size. She is among the tallest. But she talks and brags too much . She is overconfident and feels she is among the weak candidates she faced in DR. She will soon realize she is with tough girls from other countries. But she will not let up on her brashness.

At best she will end up third.

TW

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
I think Golo should be a judge. He follows the pageants more then some women I know. Golo has a sense of style and class :paranoid: I mean, they have some good judges but why do we always have to have a pro football player in the mix? Are those stats right on Miss DR, really 6'1?

rubio

Apr 28, 2003
www.geocities.com
Miss R.D. is definitely a beauty, but I also think Turkey, Greece, South Africa, and Spain are absolutely gorgeous.

May the best lady win!!!

Rubio

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
Golo,

You are only half correct about Suzie Castillo (Miss USA). Suzie is both Dominican and Puerto Rican. However, she doesn't even consider herself to be much Dominican because her father has never done a thing for her. As a matter of fact she was quoted as saying that she is 90% Puerto Rican and 10% Dominican. It's a damn shame that her father has not been there for her. But no matter what she says she is still 50% Dominicana........no doubt!!

DR_DEFENDER

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Suzie Castillo's Dominican "Father" has been discussed here before.He abondoned her a

She needn't worry,if she wins the title,he will be right back.He will want her money!Just like the "Fathers" of the Dominican baseball players who get a contract in the "Bigs",they suddenly want to be a part of their sons life! I wonder why?CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Last edited:

Ursulita

Feb 20, 2003
Ursulita's personal ranking

I just love beauty contest. Is it because I'm Latina and we give a big importance to that? I don't know... But here is my personnal ranking.

Africa (unlike the other years African failed to send wonderful Black barbies to the contest this year but Miss Mauritius got my attention. She looks like a beautiful Afro-Latina girl I knew)
1.Mauritius
2.South Africa
3.Angola

Asia 1. Japan
2.Singapore
3.Philippines

Caribbeans and Central America (This DR have it all the way down to my opinion)
1.DR
2.Belize
3.PR

Europe (Like Africa I think the Europeans are less stunning then the years before. What happen with Italia who used to send wonderful girls?)
1.Spain
2.Greece
3.Turkey

North America (I'll stay with 2 of the 3 contestans in this category. Miss Canada is not pretty at all to my opinion)
1.USA
2.Mexico

South America (As usual South America will always be South America...Wonderful peeps !)
1.Brazil
2.Argentina
3.Bolivia
...and it was hard to stay with only 3 countries for this part of the world.

That was my personal ranking

;)

Last edited:

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Miss DR

Amelia Vega is at least 6ft. tall. I would not be surprised if she is over that. Whenever she stands next to other people, including men, she always seems to stand over everyone.

I remember watching her line up with the rest of the Dominican girls in the DR pageant. She was the second tallest. There was another girl that was 6ft.2!!!! We had the tallest DR pageant ever.

In fact, Gislaine, the Brazilian girl and my favorite to win it all(she is that good) is only 5ft.8". This Brazilian girl has also the best and most beautiful name, to along with her exotic looks.

But if Amelia uses her head and comes down a little bit from cloud nine(she is too brash and overconfident) she may just surprise Gislaine.

Miss Spain, Peru and a couple of blondes from those former Russian countries are no slouches either. This is a tough one to predict. But Brazil is the "Funny Cide" of this contest.

TW

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

For those of you still in denial, Miss Dominican Republic, 6'1" Amelia Vega, WON the title of Miss Universe last night at the pageant in Panama.

Miss Venezuela came in second, as a runner-up.

Brazil??? Brazil who???

-Indie

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Re: BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

Indie said:
For those of you still in denial, Miss Dominican Republic, 6'1" Amelia Vega, WON the title of Miss Universe last night at the pageant in Panama.

Miss Venezuela came in second, as a runner-up.

Brazil??? Brazil who???

-Indie

Ok Indie! We are all happy for her. But if the DR bases their self esteem on a beauty pagent then we know we have a problem.

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
Re: Re: BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

Tony C said:
Ok Indie! We are all happy for her. But if the DR bases their self esteem on a beauty pagent then we know we have a problem.

SELF-ESTEEM??!! WHEN THE FFUCK DID THIS TURN OUT TO BE ABOUT SELF-ESTEEM??!! If you want to talk "self-esteem", the Dominican Republic has PLENTY to be proud of, namely, and for starters, that it is NOT a Communist country still ruled by a dictator in 2003! Now THAT is a problem!

That pageant is about BEAUTY, get it? About being the MOST BEAUTIFUL in the whole freaking UNIVERSE, get it? And WE WON THE TITLE, get it?

-Indie
Always a big, fat, envious, hypothetical "IF"!

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Re: Re: BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

Tony C said:
But if the DR bases their self esteem on a beauty pagent then we know we have a problem.

Originally posted by Criss Colon
"What ELSE do they have? "

Watch out when Presidente Beer wins "Best in World" at the Brewing Industry International Awards. Regards, PJT

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Re: BLAH, BLAH, BLAH... but what IF?????

Indie said:
About being the MOST BEAUTIFUL in the whole freaking UNIVERSE, get it?

-Indie

Until one day we get invaded by a beautiful race of aliens :alien: who will take over all media and finance and purchase their way into a beauty pageant and win.........that would be the epitome of irony

Lolaso :laugh: :laugh: :D :p

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
Don't even try it, Jon S...

Don't even try it. The epitome of irony would be to have one of those beautiful aliens fall for you and bring you "back home" with her in exchange for your legal status as an immigrant!

I can see it now: "Jon S: Lost in Space"

-Indie
:laugh:

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Ha......hilarious. Maybe you should have your own comedy:eek:

It doesn't matter, yo le doy muela y ella cae en el gancho mio

Jon S. aka Dr. Muelitas

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Re: Re: Re: BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

Indie said:
SELF-ESTEEM??!! WHEN THE FFUCK DID THIS TURN OUT TO BE ABOUT SELF-ESTEEM??!! If you want to talk "self-esteem", the Dominican Republic has PLENTY to be proud of, namely, and for starters, that it is NOT a Communist country still ruled by a dictator in 2003! Now THAT is a problem!

That pageant is about BEAUTY, get it? About being the MOST BEAUTIFUL in the whole freaking UNIVERSE, get it? And WE WON THE TITLE, get it?

-Indie

WOW I seemed to have touched a raw nerve! I guess I hit too close to home!
Frankly I believe the DR has many more things to be proud of than a girl who won a pagent. I believe it would be better for the children to point out people who are sucessful in life through education and hard work then to celebrate somebody who gets ahead because of her looks and looks alone. We are talking role models here!

As for being the most beautiful in the Universe...She wasn't even the most beautiful on the stage. Of course that is subjective. But I guess those 8 highly trained judges no better than I do huh?

BTW I really see no difference between a Beauty Queen, a model or a prostitute. They all sell their bodies!!!!

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Re: Re: Re: Re: BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

Tony C said:
WOW I seemed to have touched a raw nerve! I guess I hit too close to home!
Frankly I believe the DR has many more things to be proud of than a girl who won a pagent. I believe it would be better for the children to point out people who are sucessful in life through education and hard work then to celebrate somebody who gets ahead because of her looks and looks alone. We are talking role models here!

As for being the most beautiful in the Universe...She wasn't even the most beautiful on the stage. Of course that is subjective. But I guess those 8 highly trained judges no better than I do huh?

The really funny part is that I have met Amelia Vega. She was at my neice,s wedding last year. Pleasant enough girl but she wasn't even the prettiest at the wedding either.

BTW I really see no difference between a Beauty Queen, a model or a prostitute. They all sell their bodies!!!!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Re: Re: Re: Re: BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...

Tony C said:

On this at least, we agree.

Chiri is from Mars and (almost) everyone else is from Venus...

Status
Not open for further replies.