How about it, ROBERT.. Master DR1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
This website covers just about everything we DR1's need to know. But how about adding a HEALTH and SPORT FORUM. In the health forum people will be able to post information on health matters and of course, in the sport forum information pertaining to sport. Think about it. You could have a skill physician giving advise related to health problems just as you have in the legal forum. And in the sport forum the same. You could even make some $$ when one of us (while in the DR, of course) is reffered to said physician. I hope you and other DR1's like the idea. Let's hear from all of you.

Adios,

Zeus (primus inter pares) .. The boy from Licey..

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Sports would be a great forum to have in here. I think it would be more mayhem than the rest of the forums but a great idea nonetheless. A medical forum would be great for those looking for info but the Sticky thread is out there already. If medical questions would come up more often, then it would make more sense to have a forum for it........

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
If you boys get your sports forum, I want my volunteer forum. And if you boys get your sports forum, no bitching about the Red Sox.

:) :)

Mainegirl

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I think a health forum is a great idea. We could talk about anything from babies to menopause. ;)
Mainegirl tell me what you have in mind about a volunteer forum.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Then what the hell is the point?

MaineGirl said:
no bitching about the Red Sox.Mainegirl
They got screwed last night!

The announcers on the Sox radio network forewarned what would happen. They mentioned Joe West - the umpire - always putting himself on stage when he works behing the plate.

They predicted (almost perfectly) how things would play out. Que verguenza!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "Health Forum" idea makes me sick!Get It???

No really,a bad idea! Now a Dominican Baseball players Forum,maybe.It would put all this "Boston Red Sucks" talk somewhere that could easily be avoided!Cris Colon

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Health, I don't know about that one.

Sports, that could be fun. Who wants to moderate it?
PM or email if your interested.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Re: In her best "teacher" voice...

MaineGirl said:
Cleef, can you say that in a more positive way?

;)

I'm sure I could, but figurative language is an element of literature.

1.) Indicate if the sentence below is in a figurative or literal form. Then re-write the sentence in the opposite form.

"They got screwed" (figurative)

"The Red Sox are a bunch of overpaid and whiny babies that will never win anything besides May" (literal) :confused:

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Blahhh

If you're team is going real good, then I can stand NBA. Otherwise, I'd rather watch paint dry.

JKidd is great, a dope, but great player.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Jan - Your spot on, anything non-Dominican related would be deleted. I think the forum would be very slow. What will you all talk about when baseball season is over?

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
how about it, robert..master dr1.

If you sports gurus ever think about anything else, it's a wonder!!!
How about HISTORY, PHILOSOPHY, ECONOMICS< and a multitude of OTHER NON-IMPORTANT endeavors???
If you deleted SPORTS from TV and NEWS(?)PAPERS, what would you talk about???
We Americans have become so embroiled in the ROMANESQUE propencity for contact passtimes, we forget where we came from and where we're headed.
I'm of the opinion that we have reached our zeneth of accomplishment in technology and thinking.
Take a look at each of the past great civilizations. As each reached it's peak of technological development, it started a rapid decline into an obscurity relative to the rest of the known world.
My personel opinion is that the American community(world-wide) has reached that point and that our love affair with non-essential activities obscures our better judgement.
Remember the quote that goes "History tends to repeat itself". Such holds true because each generation THINKS it is smarter than the previous one and fails(refuses) to learm from the mistakes made. AND our current generation is making plenty of those mistakes.
I consider SPORTS to be ENTERTAINMENT and as such should be viewed in a transitory manner, the same as MUSIC or MOVIES; NOT made into a MAJOR endeavor of memorization of statistics.
Sorry folks, but obviously this pursuit of Sports activity is a MAJOR GRIPE of mine, and I had to express myself.
Texas Bill

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Robert said:
Jan - Your spot on, anything non-Dominican related would be deleted. I think the forum would be very slow. What will you all talk about when baseball season is over?
Oh, I don't know.... the Dominican women's volleyball team? Boxing? The Dominican basketball tourney? The polo matches at Casa de Campo? The boat races in SD? The occassional bicycle races? Wind surfing competitions at Cabarete? :)
Regards,
Keith

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
I don't see it's place here either

I think a health forum has more applicability, but I'm not a fan (a sports clich?, DAMN!!) of watering down the forums anymore than they are.

As someone pointed out earlier, if you need to find something health related you could always do a search.

The sports angles have such a shallow pool of DRelatedness it would be a waste. In addition, Robert would flood the damn thing with his ridiculous stats about cricket and "real" futball and F1. PLEASE spare me.

The only driving sport of any relevance is trying to get yourself from the top of S.D. to the bottom around 4pm. M-F, that's sporting and DRelated!

As a philosopher once said ? or maybe it was Texas Bill, or Homer SImpson ? ?sports ain?t smrt?.

As far as hitting our zenith in technology and thought, I agree, that?s one of my main reasons for becoming such a proponent of education. I think it?s the greatest investment opportunity left. Think of how many dumb people you know - a potential customer! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.